Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Do you give needs for Christmas? My DS 10 does MMA and the gym/studio/ whatever they are called are changing insurance providers in January. As a result of that all gear now has to be bought through them. So my son needs all new gear , some of which he needed anyway due to him growing. All totaled his gear is gonna cost $60-$80. People are telling me I am wrong to include it in Christmas?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyGigi
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:17 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't give actual needs, but I wouldn't consider this one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I don’t ever get needs for Christmas but I understand if others do.
SlightlyPerfect
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:18 AM
MMA supplies are not considered a need.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:19 AM
I say do what you want and quit telling people what you are buying and for what reason.

Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:19 AM

I do, but nothing like that.  The needs I give are tradition and not really counted towards the money spent on Christmas gifts.  The kids always get a new pair of pajamas on Christmas Eve, and a toothbrush in their stockings.  

I wouldn't include the gear as a gift.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:21 AM
just Wondering why are they not a need? Because maybe I am looking at it wrong

Quoting SlightlyPerfect: MMA supplies are not considered a need.
SPNpudding
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:22 AM
I do needs as stocking stuffers sometimes.. like DDs will be getting a new pack of socks in their stockings and DH will be getting a pack of underwear and a toothbrush in his lol of course there's other things too, and I wouldn't factor those things into any "Christmas budget".
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:25 AM

Yes... we do  the 4 gift rule- want, need, wear, read.. we think "out of the box" on need though..we don't give true needs except for this year for our youngest. ( new bike)

One year, we gave huge bean bag chairs for the girls' needs instead of just refilling them again. One year my oldest received a custom made belt display for all of her karate belts and her sword. One year, she received new gear bags for her weapons ( didn't need them, but that is the category we filled with it). Last year, our youngest got a cd player with cds..

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

LuvHugs429
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:26 AM

We do needs for Christmas. Given Snowsuits, new jackets, clothes, my son has gotten baseball gear for the following season and this year we are getting my daughter couple new swimsuits (she has lost a lot of weight since starting swim team in September) along with swim caps and a nose plug.  I dont' feel Christmas is just for wants, you are spending money might as well be something you know they WILL use.

stepperbepper
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:26 AM
I wouldn't include it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)