Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Niece "Unfriended" me for the Fifth Time because I refuse to Coddle her.

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 10:59 AM
  • 34 Replies

She is constantly posting her relationship between her and her BF. They are on again, off again, on again, off again. Her BF had to take care of a newborn for the first year of the baby's life because my neice was in jail (she is 25 and has been out now for over a year).

She put up a status about how she had to take her baby to her Dad and how it was breaking her heart yada yada yada. One of her friends asked if they had broken up AGAIN. My Niece said "No, they just decided to live apart for a bit because spending constant time together (apparently neither has a job) was hurting them."  All I suggested was that they each get a Hobby or find something to do once a week apart (I was not going to be mean and say GET A DAMN JOB). My Neice comments to me "You need to mind yoru damn business and not try to make my relationship into yours. Just because you and Uncle have a "Wonderful" marriage doesn't mean you need to put your nose in mine"

I just nicely replied back "You put your life out there on FB I am going to give you advice I'm not going to be like your friends and say "I'm sorry" or "Hope things get better" I do not reply on all your posts. I actually ignore a lot of them."

I then started hiding her posts so I couldn't see them and she couldn't use anything against me since I LOVE seeing pictures of my GREAT Niece (who was born on my son's birthday). My Niece then tags me in a video about women being "Sexually Assaulted" by Trump. I ignored it for a few days and then I gave my opinion on it. My youngest niece and I are having a full conversation back and forth, when my oldest niece comes on saying I need to stop picking on her younger sister and need to keep my nose out of her business."  I commented back "You tagged me in this post and your sister and I are having a conversation. I'm not picking on anyone."

From that she deleted the post and unfriended me again. This time I'm done. I gave up my Teenage years for that girl, I am always there for her whenever she needs me, I drove 6 hours for her with my kids to be at her newborns funeral (where her Mom refused to be with her), I have offered to let her live with us until she got on her feet numerous times. I have my Mom sending me pics of my Great Niece. I'm so done.

by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:39 AM

sounds like the problem is you HAVE coddled her.a lot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:43 AM
2 moms liked this

what youre talking about is a spoiled brat who has no manners and cant get her life together

Ms_Smock
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:44 AM
Wow
Ms_Smock
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:44 AM
Wow
brime98
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:46 AM
You both sound like children squabbling.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Stop getting worked up over Facebook. Be the adult. Stop replying. My brother posts stupid crap all the time, I never reply. I keep him on my friend list for pictures of my nieces. Those are the only ones I’ll interact with him about.
CStarz
by Rabble Rouser on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I would be done with that situation too. Sounds like she's made a few messes over the years and people have cleaned up after her- makes her entitled and expectant. Sorry she hasn't grown up yet- for her kid's sake I hope she does. Until then, avoid the drama and don't bother reaching out. 

Best of luck to you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:51 AM

You are childish. Don't even comment on facebook, it's simple. ignore it all

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:59 AM

And what did your comment/ opinion achieve? do you think it will make her changer her ways and get her life together?????? nope it was just a waste of time and energy and just added more drama to the mix.... When I have an annoying friend/family on facebook that thrive on the drama and make me want to tell them to get a life, job, hobby ect... I will just unfollow them instead.... that way I dont see any posts from them unless I want to but I dont cause drama by unfreinding/blocking them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:02 PM

Yep. I'd never like or comment on anything of hers but I'd definitely keep her around just to watch the train wreck. I have a few like that on my page. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

what youre talking about is a spoiled brat who has no manners and cant get her life together

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)