Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TEACHERS! I'd like some advice...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
Please tell me your favorite Christmas gift of all time from a student.

My dd has an amazing teacher and I want to do something really extra special.

I don't want the "cookie-cutter" teacher gift. I'm not creative at all so I'm not coming up with any good ideas. I want something that she will love!

Thank you!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I’m not a teacher but my daughters teacher loves coffee and bacon so I’m getting her a travel mug with bacon on it and a Starbucks card. As your daughter what kinds of things her teacher likes and build around that.
Geeez17
by Emerald Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:38 AM
I'm not a teacher by the way. Any great gift idea depends on really knowing a person. One thing I find that goes over well is candles from Yankee Candle.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:44 AM

What does the she like?

LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:45 AM
Gift card.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:07 PM
That's what I was thinking.
Does a 100$ visa gift card sound ok? I feel like it's so impersonal but probably the one she'll appreciate the most.

Quoting LeftieX: Gift card.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I was given a lovely peace lily for my birthday this year. Another students family gave me a personalized travel mug, and I had a mom make me home made cinnamon rolls. While all were lovely I truly appreciated the personal notes more. Honestly it’s not the gift but the sentiment and knowing you are thought of that is special.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 1:44 PM
Thank you. Maybe a gift card and the note? I adore this teacher, she's amazing. I just want her to know how much she's appreciated.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I was given a lovely peace lily for my birthday this year. Another students family gave me a personalized travel mug, and I had a mom make me home made cinnamon rolls. While all were lovely I truly appreciated the personal notes more. Honestly it’s not the gift but the sentiment and knowing you are thought of that is special.
paigea
by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 1:45 PM
I really would feel inappropriate accepting $100 from a student/ family.

Something heartfelt lets them know you appreciate them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this
The note will tell her, seriously. I love when I get a note or email because they aren’t expected. The rolls, also unexpected are something I will still remember come June, but I won’t be able to tell you who gave me what gift card!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you. Maybe a gift card and the note? I adore this teacher, she's amazing. I just want her to know how much she's appreciated.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I was given a lovely peace lily for my birthday this year. Another students family gave me a personalized travel mug, and I had a mom make me home made cinnamon rolls. While all were lovely I truly appreciated the personal notes more. Honestly it’s not the gift but the sentiment and knowing you are thought of that is special.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 1:53 PM
Really? I asked some of the other moms and it seemed about the average. I don't want to be the one who gives way more or way less than the average.
I know I'm putting too much thought into it. I tend to do that.

Quoting paigea: I really would feel inappropriate accepting $100 from a student/ family.

Something heartfelt lets them know you appreciate them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)