Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They make a coat for car seats

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:51 AM
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this
by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NotACatfish
by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:55 AM
That’s neat.

But I’m trying to figure out why a kid needs a heavy coat in their seat to begin with. I don’t keep my coat on in the car, it gets way too hot. Unless you’re not using heat, I can’t see why people insist their kid needs a coat on in the car.
jcm3
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:56 AM
I don’t plan on swearing everyone one out.

Quoting NotACatfish: That’s neat.

But I’m trying to figure out why a kid needs a heavy coat in their seat to begin with. I don’t keep my coat on in the car, it gets way too hot. Unless you’re not using heat, I can’t see why people insist their kid needs a coat on in the car.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

My car takes a really long time to warm up, especially if its parked in the shade. 

I use blankets (over the straps).

Quoting NotACatfish: That’s neat. But I’m trying to figure out why a kid needs a heavy coat in their seat to begin with. I don’t keep my coat on in the car, it gets way too hot. Unless you’re not using heat, I can’t see why people insist their kid needs a coat on in the car.

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
If there is no sun and gets below the 30’s the heat in my suburban sucks.

Quoting NotACatfish: That’s neat.

Libby22
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I keep the heat on in the car. We wear light jackets then switch if we need heavy ones. Seems less expensive and more comfortable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 11:59 AM
$75???? 😂😂😂 No.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:00 PM
Oh that’s cool that you can keep the heat on in your car 24/7 so it never gets cold!!! Is that like a new feature? Do you drive a Tesla????

Quoting Libby22:

I keep the heat on in the car. We wear light jackets then switch if we need heavy ones. Seems less expensive and more comfortable.

Libby22
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:03 PM

Well, we keep our car in our garage so it never gets ridiculously cold when we leave from home. Otherwise, we have blankets in the trunk if needed and they wear fleece jackets. I don't see the reason for the nastiness in your reply.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Oh that’s cool that you can keep the heat on in your car 24/7 so it never gets cold!!! Is that like a new feature? Do you drive a Tesla????
Quoting Libby22:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:05 PM
Nastiness? I was pointing out that you can’t keep your car warm all the time. No one can. And that cars could easily be 30 degrees when people are getting in them.

There was no need for the snottiness in yours.

Quoting Libby22:

Well, we keep our car in our garage so it never gets ridiculously cold when we leave from home. Otherwise, we have blankets in the trunk if needed and they wear fleece jackets. I don't see the reason for the nastiness in your reply.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Oh that’s cool that you can keep the heat on in your car 24/7 so it never gets cold!!! Is that like a new feature? Do you drive a Tesla????

Quoting Libby22:

Libby22
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

OP just provided a link and a topic for discussion. I don't think she's personally sewing car seat jackets and would take offense to someone thinking they're not necessary. You, however, are sarcastic and rude for no good reason. I'm assuming since you're anon we've had some prior interaction and I've pissed you off. Otherwise, you're just a nasty person. Good day to you.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Nastiness? I was pointing out that you can’t keep your car warm all the time. No one can. And that cars could easily be 30 degrees when people are getting in them. There was no need for the snottiness in yours.
Quoting Libby22:

Quoting Libby22:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)