Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm alone because I kept her

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 505 Replies
8 moms liked this
I was raped by a coworker. Not going into details. It happened. It almost broke me but I dealt. And I ended up pregnant.

My husband knew the baby could not be his. He had a vasectomy many years ago. My rapist finished inside me. And the timing added up.

He was very sweet and supportive about it at first. But when it became clear I was pregnant things changed. He wanted me to get an abortion. But I am 100% pro-life. I could never do that and live with myself. He started pushing the idea of adoption.i couldn't deal with that either. I can't carry a baby and just give that baby away. I admire people who can but it isn't in me. I knew I had to keep my baby

My husband couldnt handle it. He moved out and filed for divorce. My parents.couldnt hands it. They were so upset I opted to keep the baby. They thought it wasn't fair to my other kids knowing their dad coup dnt handle it. They didn't think they could love the baby knowing how it was conceived. In the end, they stopped speaking to me too.

Now I have no one but myself and my kids. I have 50-50 custody of my older children. My baby is 4 months old. My parents won't talk to me. My ex only speaks to me about the kids. I am alone. But when i look at her. I look at my baby. She is worth it. Worth all of it. She deserves to be here and I love her.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2017 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 2:27 PM
Something
mischele
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 2:28 PM
4 moms liked this
I’d do the same
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 2:28 PM
18 moms liked this

I'm so sorry but I can see his point of view. I wouldn't want any part of raising a  rapist's baby either and I would also encourage abortion. Good luck. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 2:28 PM
3 moms liked this
Honestly I couldn't make any other choice and live with myself.

Quoting mischele: I’d do the same
SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry that happened to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 2:29 PM
6 moms liked this
That's still my child, my baby. I couldn't do anything else.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I'm so sorry but I can see his point of view. I wouldn't want any part of raising a  rapist's baby either and I would also encourage abortion. Good luck. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 2:30 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm struggling but I'm gonna be ok. No regrets. I miss my husband. I wish he could have been a daddy to her. But it is what it is.

Quoting SDmomma-3: I'm sorry that happened to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 2:31 PM
Sucks. But you obviously feel good about your choice.
So, good luck. I hope someday you find your happiness.
jeda1429
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 2:31 PM
6 moms liked this

I understand your husbands feelings, but I would do the same thing you did . My baby is my baby no matter what .

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 13, 2017 at 2:32 PM
17 moms liked this

Im sorry that happened to you. You are better off without assholes like that in your life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)