Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NyQuil age restricted

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 6:34 PM
  • 152 Replies
I'm sick with the fucking flu. DD was walking to the store for cat food (yes, my 12 year old walks a mile to the store unsupervised, she counts it as exercise, loves the freedom, and is proud that I trust her to go). I told her to grab a bottle of benadryl and a pack of NyQuil. They wouldn't sell her the damn NyQuil (though it's now alcohol free and she bought some last month) because she's not 18. Bullshit. What say the ladies of MC? Should NyQuil be age restricted? Why that and not the benadryl? Why bring their own crap opinions (I called and asked, it's not store policy to deny the sale but it's "against her personal beliefs") to work?
by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 13, 2017 at 6:35 PM
4 moms liked this
I think NyQuil should be age restricted. That shit will fuck you right up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 6:36 PM
Yes I believe it should.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 13, 2017 at 6:37 PM

I went through the same thing a few years ago but its against the store policy here. DD20 was going to be turning 18 in a few weeks and they wouldn't let her purchase it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 6:38 PM
It should be a law.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
She should have allowed the sale since it's not against store policy. I'd report it to her boss.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 6:43 PM
No. Here, the only thing they restrict is stuff that has the original sudaphed(sp?) had in it. They keep it behind the pharmacy counter.

It's bs the cashier denied the sale due to "personal beliefs" 🙄.

They probably sold her the benadryl because it only has diphenhydramine in it, which is pretty harmless unless you take the whole pack. Idk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 6:43 PM
All medication should be aged restricted. You can do some serious damage to your body. Kids (hell some adults too) aren’t mature enough to dose themselves.
Kiwismommy19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 6:43 PM
It used to could. It's alcohol free now, it's not near as strong these days. When it had alcohol in it I would've said age restricted.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I think NyQuil should be age restricted. That shit will fuck you right up.
Kiwismommy19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 6:47 PM
I'm not going to make a big deal about it. Hell, I doubt it would come up again. Usually I'd have been able to get my own medicine before dh went to work.

Quoting Anonymous 3: She should have allowed the sale since it's not against store policy. I'd report it to her boss.
Bbsmom90
by Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 6:47 PM
3 moms liked this
It's age restricted where I live because of the ingredients. It has dextromethorphan which kids use to get a "high" off of. In large doses it can cause hallucinations.kids overdose on it and it can cause serious side effects. It may be that the lady knew about kids using it to get high and was worried about your kid trying to buy it since she was so young.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)