Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Curfew for a 13 year old?

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:40 PM
  • 98 Replies
What is/will/was your curfew for your 13 year old? We moved close to her good friend's house, right across the street. They spend most evenings together. I'm not concerned about walking home in the dark, literally across the street and under a street light. Curious about for the curfew to come home or send the friend home. They're staying later every day but are not causing problems, grades are good, homework done, chores done, no attitude. I figure I'm gonna have to set up a curfew eventually though.
*Not asking y'all to decide for me, that will be between me and dh. Just opinions and experience*
by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

School nights, 7.  Weekends, 9. Since they live across the street.  Now in my case, they don't go to friend's houses during the week. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:42 PM

8 pm sounds good. 

.oOPoisonOo.
by on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:42 PM

Probably like 8 on school nights
Midnight on weekends

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:43 PM
7 on school nights, weekends would be negotiable.
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:44 PM

I should say this too, I say 7 because my girl ( who is 13 too) showers at night and has to be in bed by 8:30.  She is not a morning person.  It takes her about half an hour to fall asleep. If she stays up to 9:30, she's a bear in the morning to get up.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:44 PM
School night home at 7 unless it’s a school or family function.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
We don’t allow friends over on school nights between homework, extra curriculars, plus we always sit down as a family for dinner. Friday and Saturday I don’t mind friends being over but 8 is the cut off. 13 still has a bedtime in this house.
spunky946
by Emerald Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:44 PM

7-8 during the week and maybe 10on weekends.

oh and not every night.  Family dinners are important and I wouldn’t want a guest every night, or her to be a guest every night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:45 PM
7:30 in a week night. That’s when we are done with electronics and starting to wind down.
stepperbepper
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 8:45 PM
This sounds reasonable

Quoting ReedusStalker:

School nights, 7.  Weekends, 9. Since they live across the street.  Now in my case, they don't go to friend's houses during the week. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)