Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Son of a BEACHHHHH!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
We just moved and signed up for directv.

Before I agreed I said i wanted to check the other providers. He said "we have a 200 visa card we can offer" I said that wasn't my sticking point. He then said he could do $300.

I said for the 300$ I would sign up today.

We go thru the agreement and the apt to set it up etc.

He then says "ok the 200$ card will come in 6 to 8 weeks"

I said no, 300.

He says ya my manager said i can only do 200.

I got pissed. I said i agreed to you today for the 300 card.

He transered me to the card dept and they said they don't offer 100 cards. But gave me a $50 bill credit.

Ok whatever.

So I'm sitting here packing, and I see a commercial for directv offering a 100$ visa card for signing up!

Wtf lol. They could totally do both! Bunch of jackoffs lol.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:24 PM
I canceled those idiots after three weeks. Lousy service and bunch of liars. Hope it works out for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:36 PM
Direct TV just raised our bill every month after the 12 months were up. It was ridiculous. We canceled them early. The fee was cheaper than one of their outrageous bills.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:52 PM
I HATE DIRECT TV AND DISH! I got rid of cable and just went with Netflix!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:52 PM
It was then or dish network and it was so much more expensive.

They were cheaper

Quoting Anonymous 2: I canceled those idiots after three weeks. Lousy service and bunch of liars. Hope it works out for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:53 PM
He told me that at the end of the 12 month period to call and re negotiate the terms and i might be able to get a lower rate. I wonder how true that is

Quoting Anonymous 3: Direct TV just raised our bill every month after the 12 months were up. It was ridiculous. We canceled them early. The fee was cheaper than one of their outrageous bills.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:54 PM
I wish our wifi was able to support more than 1 person on it at a time. :(

Quoting Anonymous 4: I HATE DIRECT TV AND DISH! I got rid of cable and just went with Netflix!
annieb863
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:55 PM
I have dish and it was cheaper than direct tv and I have never had any issue with
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:57 PM
I dont get this. I called dish after all this and the cheapest package I could get was 30$ more a month but set 24 months.

It's slightly cheaper to go thru directv.

How come it isnt the same all over.

Quoting annieb863: I have dish and it was cheaper than direct tv and I have never had any issue with
Countrygerl
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 9:57 PM
Oh man you must have some bad service. We got our highest package in wifi, just enough to stream. And we can stream and have 4 tablets online all at the same time! I LOVE my towns WiFi service!

Quoting Anonymous 1: I wish our wifi was able to support more than 1 person on it at a time. :(

Quoting Anonymous 4: I HATE DIRECT TV AND DISH! I got rid of cable and just went with Netflix!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 10:08 PM
Yeah middle of no where! Im lucky to get 1.5 mbps. And if it rains, forget it.

The phone wires are in a cow field with a stream running thru it....

Quoting Countrygerl: Oh man you must have some bad service. We got our highest package in wifi, just enough to stream. And we can stream and have 4 tablets online all at the same time! I LOVE my towns WiFi service!

Quoting Anonymous 1: I wish our wifi was able to support more than 1 person on it at a time. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)