Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update. Honest question because currently I'm mad

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
Every morning I take my ds to the bus stop and wait with him until the bus comes. There are a total of 5 kids, 2 a little younger who wait in their yard a few houses down until they see the bus and then my ds *5th grade, another 5th grade boy and a 4th grade boy. Now these 3 boys like to goof around and play in the morning and I'm right there watching no big deal. So 2 days ago one of the boys accident bump another boy and he lost his balance and stepped into the gutter part of the street for a second, not a busy street I will add. So a car pulls up and says something to the boys and asi go up to the car to see what's going on it leaves. The boys say it's someone from their school and she yelled at them and said she was going to tell the school if she ever saw them pushing each other into the road again. Not what happened so I told them not to worry about her. Well today my ds came home with a write up over it they want me to sign saying my ds pushed a kid into the street. Ummm... no, i was right there, that's not what happened. I will be going in to talk to the principal tomorrow. Do you think the school should be able to punish a kid for something that happened off of school property when a parent was present especially when that's not what even happened?

Update-
Talked with the principal today. I told him while I understood them trying to make sure kids were safe at the bus stop I was right there supervising, as I am every day and explained what happened. He was very understanding and pulled the write ups and punishments from the boys and was going to talk to the staff about why they didn't speak to me as when he interviewed the kids they all said I was right there.
I'd also like to add the bus stop is on a sidewalk on a hill next to a random house in an hoa. The home owner doesn't want the kids on their lawn so all they have to wait on is a narrow strip of sidewalk on a hill.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 14, 2017 at 1:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peaceful.chaos
by Emerald Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 1:45 AM
No, they are seriously overstepping.
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 1:47 AM

I think they have a right to discipline the kids if no parents are present. But since you were there and saw what happened then it should be resolved once you speak to the school.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 1:47 AM

I would talk to them esp if that is not what happened , However if they are going to rough house around they need to do it near the fence

Umi12
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 1:49 AM
No, you saw it all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 1:49 AM
I think they’re getting involved because even though it didn’t happen on school property, it did happen at the bus stop. I see a lot of posts on here of parents going to the school over what happens at the bus stop. So, for that aspect, yes, I believe they do have a right to get involved.
From what I gather, you weren’t standing right next to them, so the person in the car didn’t take you into consideration.
But if it were me I’d go to the principal and explain the situation.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 14, 2017 at 1:52 AM
If its not on school property or the block surrounding the entire school.
Dont sign it and speak to the principal
Kiwismommy19
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 2:00 AM
When I was growing up you could get in trouble with the school at the bus stop, on the bus, and at school. But if they're wrong about what happened I'd totally go talk about it.
SleuthMaria
by Love a tomb. on Dec. 14, 2017 at 3:31 AM

Seems to me that, if they were off of school property & it was not dureing school hours or at a school sponsored event (& no, waiting on the school bus isn't a school sponsored event in my opinion, however had an incident occured while on the school bus, the school would be the one to handle discipline), then any discipline should be left to the discretion of the children's parents & the school shouldn't be involved.

merrysgirls
by Lame on Dec. 14, 2017 at 3:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I think the school has the right to monitor behavior at the bus stop but just got bad information. I would just go clear it up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 4:06 AM
So who was in the car? A teacher? A nosy parent? The janitor?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)