Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Endometriosis

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Do any of you ladies know what the surgery to check for endometriosis is called?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 14, 2017 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 9:56 AM
Laparoscopy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 9:57 AM
Laparoscopy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2017 at 9:58 AM
Thanks. Do you know how you feel after? Like how much pain you're in?

Quoting zacmacsmomm: Laparoscopy
zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 10:03 AM
I was pretty sore for a couple of days, luckily the incisions are tiny. The gas was most uncomfortable, as the docs inflate your belly. The gas moves up and you feel it in your chest and clavical. A heating pad helps with that.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thanks. Do you know how you feel after? Like how much pain you're in?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2017 at 10:07 AM
I'm trying to look at my insurance to see how much I would owe out of pocket but I'm not finding anything that just has to do with laparoscopy it brings up gallbladder laparoscopy and tube removal

Quoting zacmacsmomm: I was pretty sore for a couple of days, luckily the incisions are tiny. The gas was most uncomfortable, as the docs inflate your belly. The gas moves up and you feel it in your chest and clavical. A heating pad helps with that.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thanks. Do you know how you feel after? Like how much pain you're in?

zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 10:08 AM
Look for diagnostic surgery
coala
by on Dec. 14, 2017 at 10:09 AM

Laporscopy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2017 at 10:09 AM
Ok. Thank you.

Quoting zacmacsmomm: Look for diagnostic surgery
zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 10:10 AM
When all else fails, call them.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Ok. Thank you.

Quoting zacmacsmomm: Look for diagnostic surgery
coala
by on Dec. 14, 2017 at 10:11 AM

It is usually an outpatient procedure.  You can call and have the insurance company look to see what your deductible or co-pay will be.

I have had 3 of these.  You have to get up and move or the gas will rise into your shoulders and it is incredibly painful.  I was only out of work for a week with each of these surgeries.  I was a little sore the first day or two and then mostly discomfort while I healed.  I had a lot of cauterization done during all 3 of my surgeries along with scar tissue removal

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm trying to look at my insurance to see how much I would owe out of pocket but I'm not finding anything that just has to do with laparoscopy it brings up gallbladder laparoscopy and tube removal
Quoting zacmacsmomm: I was pretty sore for a couple of days, luckily the incisions are tiny. The gas was most uncomfortable, as the docs inflate your belly. The gas moves up and you feel it in your chest and clavical. A heating pad helps with that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)