Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever NOT been invited

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 145 Replies

to a wedding of someone that you truly love and were close to? My cousin asked me years ago if I would be in her wedding some day to this guy that she thought he was "the one". I of course said yes. They didn't last to actually get married but she is now getting married to someone else. They decided to get married at the courthouse but told me that they are only inviting parents and siblings. I saw pictures online of what the place looks like and there were a lot of seats. It just makes me sad that I won't be a part of any of it. 

Edit to add:  she was discussing her new "some day" wedding with me just in september and it was going to be a destination wedding so i knew i was invited to that because she said she would give me a years' heads up when she knows so i can find a babysitter. but instead they decided to do the courthouse thing. it's just confusing to not be invited.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 14, 2017 at 10:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 10:21 AM
I got married and invited no one. It happens.
My niece got married on the beach in Jamaica, only her parents and his parents were invited.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Dec. 14, 2017 at 10:22 AM
I’ve never been to a wedding. Two of my cousins got married & I got no invite, so yes.
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Dec. 14, 2017 at 10:22 AM
3 moms liked this
It's not about you.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 10:23 AM
It isn't about seats, its about the kind of wedding they want. Its not about you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2017 at 10:23 AM

But my cousin is inviting people. She says just parents and siblings. I highly doubt she won't be inviting her best friend since she was just in her wedding. But I don't want to know anyways. It's too hurtful. I am not on social media anymore and I am glad because I don't want to see. Now if I see my cousin sometime, then yes, I want to see her pics.

Quoting bubbs0809: I got married and invited no one. It happens. My niece got married on the beach in Jamaica, only her parents and his parents were invited.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2017 at 10:24 AM

I never said it was. It's just confusing that she can ask be to be in her wedding and now i'm not even invited. nothing happened where we weren't close anymore or anything.

Quoting mojogirl: It's not about you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
You sound needy and clingy.
bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 10:27 AM
Why is it so hurtful? Just celebrate with her from afar. It's her day and I would love to see the happy couple in pictures

Quoting Anonymous 1:

But my cousin is inviting people. She says just parents and siblings. I highly doubt she won't be inviting her best friend since she was just in her wedding. But I don't want to know anyways. It's too hurtful. I am not on social media anymore and I am glad because I don't want to see. Now if I see my cousin sometime, then yes, I want to see her pics.

Quoting bubbs0809: I got married and invited no one. It happens.
My niece got married on the beach in Jamaica, only her parents and his parents were invited.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
It’s so rude to not invite people you supposedly are close to
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2017 at 10:29 AM

yes that's why i said i would like to see her pics with her. i wanted to be involved in her wedding some day. she asked me to be in it before. just makes me sad that i am not.

Quoting bubbs0809: Why is it so hurtful? Just celebrate with her from afar. It's her day and I would love to see the happy couple in pictures
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting bubbs0809: I got married and invited no one. It happens. My niece got married on the beach in Jamaica, only her parents and his parents were invited.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)