Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RIP free and open internet!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
Well the government has done it now. To those who can't afford internet barely better say goodbye while you can
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 14, 2017 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 4:54 PM
5 moms liked this
We've only had these laws in place since 2015. The internet was fine before and it'll be fine after. Relax chicken little.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 4:55 PM
3 moms liked this
Where is this free internet? And why have my rates gone up thirty percent since 2015? Lol Seriously, ladies. The sky isn't falling!
3JuJu3
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Why would they feel the need to get rid of these laws if they didn’t effect anything, ostrich?

Quoting Anonymous 2: We've only had these laws in place since 2015. The internet was fine before and it'll be fine after. Relax chicken little.
Iguessiwasbad13
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 4:57 PM
Funny, I called this chicken little syndrome just a bit ago.

Quoting Anonymous 2: We've only had these laws in place since 2015. The internet was fine before and it'll be fine after. Relax chicken little.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 4:57 PM
3 moms liked this

I don’t think she means free as in cost free. I think she means unrestricted.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Where is this free internet? And why have my rates gone up thirty percent since 2015? Lol Seriously, ladies. The sky isn't falling!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this
There are lots of arguments for and against. Google them if you must. None of that changes what I said. These laws haven't been around long. The internet existed just fine before them and it'll be just fine after them as well.

Quoting 3JuJu3: Why would they feel the need to get rid of these laws if they didn�t effect anything, ostrich?
3JuJu3
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 4:58 PM
I’m well versed on the issue. I don’t need to google anything.

Quoting Anonymous 2: There are lots of arguments for and against. Google them if you must. None of that changes what I said. These laws haven't been around long. The internet existed just fine before them and it'll be just fine after them as well.

Quoting 3JuJu3: Why would they feel the need to get rid of these laws if they didn�t effect anything, ostrich?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 4:58 PM
These people don't seem to realize that net neutrality is pretty new. Everything was just fine before. And it'll be fine after! LOL

Quoting Iguessiwasbad13: Funny, I called this chicken little syndrome just a bit ago.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 4:58 PM
It isn't unrestricted now. Lol I know what she meant, by the way.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

I don�t think she means free as in cost free. I think she means unrestricted.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Where is this free internet? And why have my rates gone up thirty percent since 2015? Lol Seriously, ladies. The sky isn't falling!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Then you know my first comment is 100% true. Everything will be fine. Just as it was before net neutrality was a thing.

Quoting 3JuJu3: I’m well versed on the issue. I don’t need to google anything.

Quoting Anonymous 2: There are lots of arguments for and against. Google them if you must. None of that changes what I said. These laws haven't been around long. The internet existed just fine before them and it'll be just fine after them as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)