Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The s*** is hitting the fan

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
We decided to take all 5 of our kid on a cruise during Christmas in leiu of gifts this years. They were aware of thisThey are all in their mid teens. 2 of his kids have decided not to go. Tonight they called wanting to know when they can pick up their gifts. Dh is telling them now that the cruise was their gift and since they decided at last minute they weren't going there will be no gifts
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 14, 2017 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 7:21 PM
2 moms liked this

eh,id rather have gifts than a cruise with my parents and siblings too..now,a gift of a cruise with my so?sure..parents and sibs?id rather watch paint dry..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 7:26 PM

Were you able to get a refund on the cost of their tickets? If so, why don't they get any gifts for the same monetary value?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 7:28 PM
I don't think that is right they didn't ask to go on a cruise and they don't want to go. Sounds like you only care what you want not about your kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2017 at 7:29 PM
Nope can't refunds on the tickets

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Were you able to get a refund on the cost of their tickets? If so, why don't they get any gifts for the same monetary value?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2017 at 7:31 PM
Then they should have spoken up when we discussed it before the trip was planned

Quoting Anonymous 3: I don't think that is right they didn't ask to go on a cruise and they don't want to go. Sounds like you only care what you want not about your kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 7:32 PM

Then yep they're sol. Maybe you can sell the tickets or find someone else who wants to go? I still wouldn't give them anything though in that situation.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Nope can't refunds on the tickets
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 7:46 PM
Mid teens? Such as? Mid teens to me is 16ish and when my kids were that age, they didn't call the shots.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2017 at 7:51 PM
They are all between 14 and 17. His 3 decided to stay with their mom and are now wanting gifts instead. Nope not doing it

Quoting Anonymous 4: Mid teens? Such as? Mid teens to me is 16ish and when my kids were that age, they didn't call the shots.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 9:39 PM
Did you ask them if they wanted to go BEFORE you bought the tickets?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 9:42 PM
Because children always get what theu want, right?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)