Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shop With A Cop

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
3 moms liked this
I just got done taking my sister three kids to our local shop with a cop night.

It was really heart-warming to see first hand all the people that were willing to go the extra mile to make sure these kids and families had a nice holiday.

The local police department gave each kid $100 to pick presents at our Walmart. Then Walmart employees had donated to give each family a $20 gift card and the store manager provided each family with food for a Christmas dinner.

There's no real point to this, other than it kinda made my day for my nieces and nephew 😊
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 14, 2017 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wldntulike2no
by on Dec. 14, 2017 at 9:34 PM
Thank you for giving them something awesome to remember forever more!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 9:35 PM
Cool
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 9:36 PM
My dd did this one year. My ds was too young but they picked out a couple of things for him too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 9:36 PM

That's sweet.  I have seen that program before and am glad it exists.

mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 9:38 PM
That is awesome
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2017 at 9:40 PM
It was totally worth it. I help my sister out as much as I can, but this year has been a little rough for us too.

I'm just glad they will have a nice Christmas

Quoting Wldntulike2no: Thank you for giving them something awesome to remember forever more!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2017 at 9:42 PM
Me too!!

I didn't even know this was a thing until I made the mistake of going Christmas shopping last year on the night they were doing shop with a cop lol.

But when my sis was stressing about Christmas this year I told her to call about the shop with a cop program.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 14, 2017 at 9:44 PM
That's sweet 🙂

They let my youngest niece, who is three, shop with them tonight. She was so excited, kept trying to put everything she saw in the cart lol.

Quoting bleumonster: My dd did this one year. My ds was too young but they picked out a couple of things for him too.
stepperbepper
by Gold Member on Dec. 14, 2017 at 9:48 PM
That's fantastic
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 14, 2017 at 9:49 PM

lol I would not want to be in the store then either!  It was a nice thing you did telling her about this.  I'm sure she and her kids are so happy. :)

Quoting Anonymous 1: Me too!! I didn't even know this was a thing until I made the mistake of going Christmas shopping last year on the night they were doing shop with a cop lol. But when my sis was stressing about Christmas this year I told her to call about the shop with a cop program.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)