Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well that was embarrassing.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies

I had a quite embarrassing experience yesterday. I was up in my bedroom, drying my hair, whenever I thought I heard yelling from downstairs. I turned off the hair dryer and called out but didn't get an answer. I was completely naked at this point and it seemed extremely unlikely that anyone would be in my house, but just in case, I wrapped a blanket around myself before I went down the stairs to see what was going on. 

I find a man standing in the doorway who tells me that I left my key in the door and he talks for a while, explaining that he's working for the people next door (who I've never met). He needed to get into my back yard. I tell him to give me a few minutes and I'd be glad to let him through. He leaves for a few minutes. I throw on a shirt, some pants, and a robe, and lead him outside, where I meet my neighbor. For the first time. While I'm barely dressed. He was extremely apologetic about the intrusion and I'm assuming the man had told him roughly what was going on.

Today my doorbell rang, I was expecting a delivery so I was dressed in pants, a tank top, and a bra. I opened the door and it was the same neighbor. He explained that a package for me was left with him yesterday, and we chatted a bit before he instructed me to "put some clothes on and come over and get it". He also made sure to remind me to bring my key. I feel like I've gotten a reputation as the forgetful lady who runs around naked.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2017 at 6:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 6:57 AM
No one I just met would instruct me to do anything, unless they were my boss. I would wear whatever the hell I wanted.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2017 at 7:01 AM

Well, I mean, you can't really control other people.

Quoting WickedOpal: No one I just met would instruct me to do anything, unless they were my boss. I would wear whatever the hell I wanted.

WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 7:05 AM
You're not just a little appalled that he felt it was fine to tell you what to wear? You just met him.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting WickedOpal: No one I just met would instruct me to do anything, unless they were my boss. I would wear whatever the hell I wanted.

cmfarm
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 7:09 AM

What is wrong with a tank top?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2017 at 7:11 AM

Only in light of the circumstances under which I met him. It's cold out there!

Quoting WickedOpal: You're not just a little appalled that he felt it was fine to tell you what to wear? You just met him.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2017 at 7:12 AM

It's not weather appropriate. It's also not something I'd generally wear around in public to begin with.

Quoting cmfarm:

What is wrong with a tank top?

CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 7:16 AM
6 moms liked this
I'd rather be the person known for not wearing clothes in my own home than be the person known for consistently showing up unannounced. He should be more embarrassed than you. If he was making the trip over anyway, why not just drop off your package. It's weird he came over to tell you your package is at his house and to come get it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 7:18 AM
Ugh...assholes’ Reminds me of a time when I was walking down my street and some nasty looking dude was like hey where you headed. I said home and he was like go there and come back with a dress on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2017 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this

It was literally one time. He didn't know if anyone would be home, and he's disabled. There's really no reason to be judging this man.

Quoting CheerioHolder: I'd rather be the person known for not wearing clothes in my own home than be the person known for consistently showing up unannounced. He should be more embarrassed than you. If he was making the trip over anyway, why not just drop off your package. It's weird he came over to tell you your package is at his house and to come get it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2017 at 7:25 AM

That's very odd! This man wasn't being an asshole, it's cold out there! It just didn't go unnoticed by me because of what happened yesterday.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Ugh...assholes’ Reminds me of a time when I was walking down my street and some nasty looking dude was like hey where you headed. I said home and he was like go there and come back with a dress on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)