Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Co worker unprofessionalism

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
A woman I work with went ballistic yelling at me yesterday in a hallway. She was supposed to attend a 2pm meeting with me and 7 others. She was out last week (vacation from a Wednesday to Wednesday). We were originally holding meeting during her vacation but rescheduled for her.

At 3 pm a coworker and I were walking to her office to find out where she was? Meeting was on 3rd floor- she is on 1st. She wasnt answering her phone- no txt message/email.

she stormed out of her office area. Screaming at me. How I want this and that! How Im demanding and unrealistic and she had other things piled up to attend meeting. And screamed other stuff about just meeting next week. (Which I cant do because Im traveling for business M/T and on vacation starting Wednesday)

I was floored. I am not used to being yelled at. My coworker by my side was shocked and horrified.
I don’t think I can work with this woman. I could go to my boss and ask for different team member. Ive been working with her for 7 months. (Both at Co. longer, just never together) and she has never been like this.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:09 AM
I had a similar incident and was totally floored when it happened. We met with our supervisor and hashed it out. She eventually retired a year later. You should speak with your supervisor or HR.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:13 AM
I’m probably going to give it a day to see if she realizes and apologizes. But I seriously hesitate to rely on her as part of my team.

Quoting owl0210: I had a similar incident and was totally floored when it happened. We met with our supervisor and hashed it out. She eventually retired a year later. You should speak with your supervisor or HR.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:16 AM
4 moms liked this
I would have said something right back to her about how the meeting had already been moved once for her and that she isn't the only one with things to do. I also would have then told her that she had better not ever speak to me like that again.
ucm115
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:16 AM
That's not ok. I would tell my boss and also submit something to HR/EAP regarding the woman's mental health and inability to control herself.
ninjakids
by Christina on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:16 AM
I had similar. I was meeting a worker for a two person assist and she went on like a lunati outside the clients door. I went to the office and said to put a do not work order on her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:21 AM
When she accused me of being unrealistic. I said I am not, she screamed yes, you are! Which felt like a childs pissing match so I didn’t respond. When she said we will need to meet next week, I did say we were supposed to meet today, at 2. And she screamed next week! When I responded that didn’t work for me. She said she didn’t care.

My coworker who was standing with me felt it was completely unwarranted. Im embarrassed because about 5 Admins and other people heard. So unprofessional.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would have said something right back to her about how the meeting had already been moved once for her and that she isn't the only one with things to do. I also would have then told her that she had better not ever speak to me like that again.
Southern_Song
by Jo on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:29 AM
If this was the first time it happened MAYBE she has something going on you don't understand. Instead of tattling and complaining try actually talking to her. You admitted it's a first time issue in 7 months.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:38 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Southern_Song: If this was the first time it happened MAYBE she has something going on you don't understand. Instead of tattling and complaining try actually talking to her. You admitted it's a first time issue in 7 months.

She seems off her rocker, so I'm not a psychiatrist I don't have to deal with that solo. I would seriously be scared to be in a room alone after her display yesterday. 

Maybe she does have something going on. But this is work and she has a job to do. Missing meetings that are rescheduled for her, not answering phone and that gross display of disrespectful vomit. 

I'm giving her time to apologize but if that doesn't happen my project can't suffer with a team player like that. In the end, the project will fail with crap like this, so I need someone sane and reasonable.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:40 AM
2 moms liked this
😂😂😂 you'd never survive the restaurant industry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:48 AM
Drama queens?

Quoting Anonymous 3: 😂😂😂 you'd never survive the restaurant industry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)