Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There are 5 seats per family, your aunt can stand

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 177 Replies
My youngest SD has her Christmas concert coming up. She goes to a private school which DH pays for along with his child support.

The school is small and the concert takes place in the church so there is limited seating. The school gives five spaces per family. So there is DH and I as well as his ex and her BF. Youngest SD has requested that her family be there which includes the four of us.

Well, the problem comes in when DH was FaceTiming the girls like he does every night. Ex comes on and says she invited her aunt and uncle to the concert. She said that means I have to stand in the back and she can have her other DD sit on her lap to make room for everyone. Dh asked where her BF was standing and she said he would be sitting with her. Dh of course got upset and told her that her aunt and uncle could stand. He said half of the seats are his and that I would be sitting with him because he won’t have his wife stand.

I told him that I didn’t want an argument so if I had to I would stand in the back. I’m just happy to see the concert. He said it’s the principle. She knew we only had five seats and she invited her aunt and uncle anyway knowing it would put me out from having a seat.

I know step moms are not the favorite thing here on CM but I’m curious if we should stand firm and take the two seats or if I should stand in the back and give up my seat to her family?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:12 AM
8 moms liked this
Yes. Take the two seats. She's ridiculous. Anyone outside the immediate family should stand. Unless they have some sort of disability.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:12 AM
13 moms liked this
I'm a BM and SM. If I were you I'd stand, but not in the back. I'd be all up taking pictures and smiling like a fool like a proud momma. That would piss BM off more than anything lol
ninjakids
by Christina on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:13 AM
6 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I’d stand firm for my DH if we were in that situation (& I’d never do it to ex’s SO) and have a long talk about co parenting and the step parents in co parenting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:15 AM
I’ll definitely be taking a lot of pictures. I’m so proud of our little munchkin :).

Quoting Anonymous 3: I'm a BM and SM. If I were you I'd stand, but not in the back. I'd be all up taking pictures and smiling like a fool like a proud momma. That would piss BM off more than anything lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:15 AM
Lol what anonymous 3 says sounds good.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:15 AM
3 moms liked this
She's deliberately trying to start a problem between you and your DH. Good thing you've got a great husband.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:16 AM
8 moms liked this
If it were me, dh & I would be standing in the back. The aunt & uncle can have the seats.

She just wants the satisfaction of knowing she seperated you & dh. Instead of her having the smirk on her face the whole concert because she put you in your place, you will habe the satisfaction of knowing her little ploy didn't work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:16 AM
5 moms liked this
Your husband just stood up for you, sit in the seat next to him. He paid for it, mom doesn’t get to demand shit.
AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:17 AM
If youre standing, so does bf, or do what anon 3 says.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 8:17 AM
2 moms liked this
How old is the Aunt? Thats a factor in my book.
I think if she is older, you can offer your seat, like the GENTLEMAN that HER BF should be.
I’d be super sticky sweet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)