Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Job searching

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
So I'm due January 11th (will most likely be induced/c section a week prior) and I'll be about of work till beginning/mid March.

When would you start sending out your resume/doing applications?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2017 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 2:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Not until I was prepared physically to do interviews and had child care arranged
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 2:22 PM
Are you currently unemployed or trying to find a better job?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 2:23 PM

Are you looking to start a new position in March? Start sending out resumes in February. Or, whenever you secure childcare. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 2:24 PM

Mid February

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2017 at 2:26 PM
Currently unemployed.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Are you currently unemployed or trying to find a better job?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2017 at 2:27 PM
Yes. Childcare I have covered.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Are you looking to start a new position in March? Start sending out resumes in February. Or, whenever you secure childcare. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2017 at 2:28 PM
I'd be ready to go on interviews about mid February.

Quoting peanutsmommy1: Not until I was prepared physically to do interviews and had child care arranged
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 2:29 PM
The beginning of February. It can take time for interviews and stuff like that. It took me three months to find my current job and get hired.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2017 at 2:32 PM
Yeah my first job took me 7 months to get and with a new baby and already 2 kids we can't afford for me to not work that long. Dh is already looking for a second job :/

Quoting Anonymous 5: The beginning of February. It can take time for interviews and stuff like that. It took me three months to find my current job and get hired.
3gr8tKids
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 2:35 PM

too general a statement. no idea what kind of employment you are looking for. anything mid-senior level you might as well wait until late spring. 

You can start with identifying places you want to work, getting your resume ready, depending on what you are looking for most people need more than one resume. Don't forget your cover letters, get your personal references together. That sort of thing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)