Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That was fast.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 105 Replies
1 mom liked this
How long did you know your SO/DH/DW ETC before moving in together, getting engaged, married and or pregnant? Dh and I met thru BIL (was supposed to be a 1 night stand for both of us) we went to the bar and got hammered and I was living with now BIL and his now ex gf so we all went back to our place and dh never left until we moved out together a few months later. I fell in love with his smile within an hour of meeting and here we are 6 yrs and 2 kids later and we are so unbelievably happy. Our friends have been telling us lately how cute/adorable we are. I never thought I'd fall in love again BUT I'm soooooooooooooo happy I met the man I'll spend my life with. Neither of us was looking for anything beyond one night of drunk sex. I'm so glad he never left...
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2017 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 2:54 PM
I dated my husband for a couple of months before he moved in. Two kids and 7 years later and we are happy as can be.

Congrats on stumbling upon love.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 2:56 PM
DH was asking me to marry him within 30 days of meeting me. That was 14 years ago. Just celebrated 10 years of marriage
JRP14
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 2:57 PM
We met at 14 and have been inseparable ever since. I was allowed to move out at 15, so his mom raised me until we turned 18 and got our own place. We've been together 14 years, married nine, and have one child together. He is seriously the love of my life and everything I could ever hope to find in someone. ♥
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 2:58 PM
We dated for five years before we got engaged. Got married 18 months later. Moved in after we got married. Had our first child after five years of marriage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 2:58 PM
Well my now DH gave me a key to his place the morning after our first “date”. The. We were married 3 months later and have been together for 8 years.

Quoting Anonymous 1: How long did you know your SO/DH/DW ETC before moving in together, getting engaged, married and or pregnant? Dh and I met thru BIL (was supposed to be a 1 night stand for both of us) we went to the bar and got hammered and I was living with now BIL and his now ex gf so we all went back to our place and dh never left until we moved out together a few months later. I fell in love with his smile within an hour of meeting and here we are 6 yrs and 2 kids later and we are so unbelievably happy. Our friends have been telling us lately how cute/adorable we are. I never thought I'd fall in love again BUT I'm soooooooooooooo happy I met the man I'll spend my life with. Neither of us was looking for anything beyond one night of drunk sex. I'm so glad he never left...
NotACatfish
by on Dec. 15, 2017 at 2:58 PM
SO and I met in April, I was pregnant by July, and we moved in together in October.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 2:59 PM

Met in 9th grade.  Started dating in 10th. Married 9 years later. Had kids 13 years later. Just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary.  Together 34 years.  Youngest child is 6. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 15, 2017 at 3:00 PM
Thank you. I couldn't imagine my life without him. I don't think my life would be worth living honestly. I was in a very bad place when we met and so was he. We've both come a long way. He lived with a co-worker and I lived with his brother and his gf in a busted ass trailer with no plumbing or anything really. He moved in and got electric ran and some plumbing before we moved out. He was working fast food barely part time etc. We both went to school and got great jobs (I'm now disabled due to a previous injury that got worse) and even though we struggle occasionally, I wouldn't want to be with anyone else. He makes me soooooooooooooo happy.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I dated my husband for a couple of months before he moved in. Two kids and 7 years later and we are happy as can be.

Congrats on stumbling upon love.
JDMlover
by Summer&Lucille on Dec. 15, 2017 at 3:00 PM
I was with Dh for a month and some change before we got pregnant with dd, we got engaged on my birthday, moved in together after she was born. And married when she was a month old.
sarah824
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 3:02 PM

We met at work in late 1997 and he was my boss, BUT I was married (happily I thought) and he was engaged... 

Both of those relationships fell apart and I moved 1,100 miles away. We started talking through email about 6 months later and then things got serious really quick. 3 months later I moved in with him. A year later we were engaged, 6 months later we were married and pregnant and now we have 2 kids (13 & 10) and we will celebrate our 14th anniversary next March.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)