Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not being rude or a b****

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 165 Replies
But my Mil is driving me crazy. My husband insists on me meeting my Mil once a week for lunch.The issue is we have nothing to talk about it. Its the same thing every time. She asks how's work and I reply its fine. She asks where did I go and what did I do. I reply every time that I'm not allowed to discuss it. She will then tell me to tell her about my co-workers. I tell her I tell her I don't know my coworkers and that I don't even know their names

Then she moves on to the plots of all her favorite shows and ask what I think. I reply every time that I don't know I've never watched the shows. She will then ask what about the shows that I watch and once again I have to tell that I don't watch TV. I try to talk about the kids and there is nothing to say because my husband gives her nightly updates on the kids. Today I for sick of it and told her that I wouldn't be having lunch with her anymore. That its obvious that we have nothing in common and its a waste of her time as well as hers. As long as we are respectful to each other we don't have to be friends. I paid for both lunches. I didn't evn make it to my car before husband called reaming me out about how rude and bitchy I was. I told him to get a grip and that I was free to spend time with who ever I wanted. I also told him I didn't want to hear another word about it until he had six months of weekly lunches with my mom. This is fucvkimg ridiculous
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 15, 2017 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 5:08 PM
8 moms liked this

So many questions. And none of them are about your MIL. How do you NOT know the names of your co-workers? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 5:09 PM
8 moms liked this

sounds like your hubby needs to cut the umbilical cord

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 5:10 PM
4 moms liked this

How come your “not allowed” to discuss where you go or what you do?  Are you a secret agent?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Why does he make you have weekly lunches with her?
jws120567
by Platinum Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 5:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Is he out of his damned mind???  It sounds like you have nothing in common with his mother, he shouldn't be pressuring you like that.  He sounds like a Mama's Boy, sorry.  And how dare he ream you out over a conversation he wasn't there for!  I wouldn't put up with that shit either!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Good. Is he going to have those lunches)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 5:11 PM
8 moms liked this
It sounds like you're just boring af.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 5:11 PM
You’re not “allowed” to discuss it? By whom?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 5:11 PM
6 moms liked this
Oh so this is just a way to get us to ask about your job.
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

So many questions. And none of them are about your MIL. How do you NOT know the names of your co-workers? 

Obviously she is the American female 007 lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)