Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why doesy cough get worse at night?

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2017 at 11:33 PM
  • 20 Replies
Why!?!?
by on Dec. 15, 2017 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 11:34 PM
I’ve wondered that before but not enough to google it lol.
engagedandproud
by Diamond Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Mucus can build up in your throat, triggering your body to cough. When you are awake during the day, you move around and swallow frequently, which reduces the nasal drainage. At night when you are less active, nasal congestion can increase
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 11:35 PM
Dry air, drainage, crap settles in your lungs when you get horizontal; how many reasons do you want?
engagedandproud
by Diamond Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 11:35 PM
Mucus can build up in your throat, triggering your body to cough. When you are awake during the day, you move around and swallow frequently, which reduces the nasal drainage. At night when you are less active, nasal congestion can increase

Quoting bleumonster: I’ve wondered that before but not enough to google it lol.
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 11:37 PM

Because when you are in bed the congestion just hangs in the back of the throat and triggers coughing.  Is it a dry or a wet cough?  Antihistamine can help a wet cough.  A cough lozenge can help a dry one.

LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 11:37 PM
Thank you, Dr! It's so so so so very GODDAMN annoying.

Quoting engagedandproud: Mucus can build up in your throat, triggering your body to cough. When you are awake during the day, you move around and swallow frequently, which reduces the nasal drainage. At night when you are less active, nasal congestion can increase
LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 11:38 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: Dry air, drainage, crap settles in your lungs when you get horizontal; how many reasons do you want?
LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 11:39 PM
It's dry. I'm not even laying down yet. So irritating. Cough hack hack cough

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Because when you are in bed the congestion just hangs in the back of the throat and triggers coughing.  Is it a dry or a wet cough?  Antihistamine can help a wet cough.  A cough lozenge can help a dry one.

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 15, 2017 at 11:40 PM
Oh she’s talking about after you go to bed. I thought she was talking about just in the evening. I actually pretty much knew that. Don’t mind me, I’m not hitting all my cylinders, it’s been a long day and it’s bedtime

Quoting engagedandproud: Mucus can build up in your throat, triggering your body to cough. When you are awake during the day, you move around and swallow frequently, which reduces the nasal drainage. At night when you are less active, nasal congestion can increase

Quoting bleumonster: I’ve wondered that before but not enough to google it lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 15, 2017 at 11:41 PM
I don't have that many. Basically I only had the ones I already gave you. I thought I had more. I was wrong. I can make some up if you want.
Quoting LeftieX: 15.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Dry air, drainage, crap settles in your lungs when you get horizontal; how many reasons do you want?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)