Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those of you who aren’t really into Christmas, do you find people angry at you for your feelings?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
I’m getting such negativity from people but they’ve never bothered to ask why I hate the holidays. They just assume I’m just a grump, a grinch etc. people sometimes have valid reasons for disliking the holiday season and everyone doesn’t have to think like you. It’s a shame.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 16, 2017 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Dec. 16, 2017 at 10:15 AM
I hate the Holidays... I only do it for my child.
Christmas... the tree...the presents etc is mostly for DS because I love to see him excited.

But personally, it's not my thing.

I've been called the Grinch and scrooge... I just laugh and make sure they won't get a gift 😂😂😂
bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Dec. 16, 2017 at 10:16 AM
No ones angry at me
I just say I’m the Grinch or Scrooge
Say Bah Humbug and I’m left alone
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 16, 2017 at 10:18 AM
No not really
anchorturtle
by silly rabbit on Dec. 16, 2017 at 10:18 AM
My family used to call my grandad the Grinch because he wouldn't put lights on his house for my grandmother. He said she had enough outside Christmas stuff and he was getting on the roof lol
Saphira1207
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2017 at 10:19 AM

So far no one has said anything except that I should decorate my pod/cubby at work.

For the rare ones who've asked in the past, I've told them the truth and they were ok with it since it's kind of true.

KekeLi
by Keke on Dec. 16, 2017 at 10:24 AM
I haven't had people say anything, outright, but you can tell by their looks and responses they are judging. Lol
BCauseImAwesome
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2017 at 10:26 AM
DH is annoyed by it because he loves Christmas
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 16, 2017 at 10:38 AM
You know, I was just buying gifts out of obligation but I realize this year, that buying gift cards (what they requested) isn’t fun

Quoting couture-mommy: I hate the Holidays... I only do it for my child.
Christmas... the tree...the presents etc is mostly for DS because I love to see him excited.

But personally, it's not my thing.

I've been called the Grinch and scrooge... I just laugh and make sure they won't get a gift 😂😂😂
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 16, 2017 at 10:39 AM
I definitely can tell

Quoting KekeLi: I haven't had people say anything, outright, but you can tell by their looks and responses they are judging. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 16, 2017 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I have some cards on my desk that’s it

Quoting Saphira1207:

So far no one has said anything except that I should decorate my pod/cubby at work.

For the rare ones who've asked in the past, I've told them the truth and they were ok with it since it's kind of true.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)