Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

So my brother and his wife are getting divorced. He is an alcoholic and not allowed to have his kids alone. I texted SIL to firm up the plans we had for next week to get my kids and their kids together. She says my brother will not be there and he is having health issues and does not look good. I had no idea.

I then ask her what are his health issues and she says "I can't say. Sorry."

WTF? Why even bring it up then? Plus that woman has told me things that I didn't even want to know over the years like how my brother gave her an STD but then it ended up not even being true! She would tell me all kinds of things I would rather not know (but I never told her I don't want to know..i would just listen). 

So, NOW she decides she can't tell me THIS? I told her I would just call my brother and ask him and she says "please don't tell him I said anything". So I tried to call him but he didn't answer which is not surprising. I really don't know what else I can do. Thoughts/advice? Thanks in advance!

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 16, 2017 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2017 at 11:57 AM

she sounds like she likes stirring up drama, and you got sucked completely into it.

sorry to hear about your family's troubles. hope it works out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 16, 2017 at 11:58 AM
You should mind your own business. I wouldn't want my husband telling people my personal business either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 16, 2017 at 11:59 AM

yeah she sure is a shit stirrer! but it's not like i think she is lying about it. but what's the point of mentioning it and then not "be able to" tell me? i honestly think she is divorcing my brother and trying to divorce us too....she could care less if we get together or not for xmas.

Quoting AngryBob:

she sounds like she likes stirring up drama, and you got sucked completely into it.

sorry to hear about your family's troubles. hope it works out.

3gr8tKids
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2017 at 11:59 AM
Drive over to his home. And put yourself in front of his face.
3gr8tKids
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2017 at 11:59 AM
Drive over to his home. And put yourself in front of his face.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 16, 2017 at 11:59 AM

SHE made it my business! Why tell me anything at all about health issues? 

Quoting Anonymous 2: You should mind your own business. I wouldn't want my husband telling people my personal business either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 16, 2017 at 12:00 PM

He lives 2 hours away and honestly not even sure if he would open the door. He is a major alcoholic and totally out of control according to the SIL.

Quoting 3gr8tKids: Drive over to his home. And put yourself in front of his face.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 16, 2017 at 12:02 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1:

SHE made it my business! Why tell me anything at all about health issues? 

Quoting Anonymous 2: You should mind your own business. I wouldn't want my husband telling people my personal business either.

Sounds like she told you that so you wouldn't question it. She probably really doesn't want for the kids to get together, and made up something she thought you would believe.

nanny1918
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2017 at 12:02 PM
Maybe his drinking is his health issue ?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

He lives 2 hours away and honestly not even sure if he would open the door. He is a major alcoholic and totally out of control according to the SIL.

Quoting 3gr8tKids: Drive over to his home. And put yourself in front of his face.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 16, 2017 at 12:21 PM

but that has already been an issue for so long...nothing new ya know? and for her to say "i can't say" is weird. why bring it up then?

Quoting nanny1918: Maybe his drinking is his health issue ?
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)