Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A man should be able to opt out of having a baby

Posted by   + Show Post

This is a spin off of another post (http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/21773436/Man_spiked_girlfriend_s_drink_with_abortion_pills_to_kill_unborn_baby_woman_claims?next=1)

A couple of women in the original post stated that a man should have the opportunity to opt out of raising a child that they didn't want. One even suggested that they be given a couple of months to decide to whether or not they want the child or to relinquish their parental rights. Apparently all of those women who say a man should be able to legally abandon his child doesn't understand how baby making works. 

Here is a newsflash: a man has every right to opt out of having a baby that he doesn't want. He can make that choice right before he ejaculates inside of a woman. There are also these things call  condoms because the pull out method isn't effective (I'm sure that's news to some of you). Then and only then can a man make the decision to tell a woman whether or not she can carry his child or not. Once that nut has been busted, the choice is no longer his. Fortunately for kids, the law doesn't side with you foolish women. 

by on Dec. 16, 2017 at 7:06 PM
Replies (261-269):
Basherte
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

according to this, bio parents who give up their children for adoption would then be required to pay child support to the adoptive parents, and that isn't how it works.

Quoting Anonymous 36: If you adopt a child, you take full (emotional and financial) responsibility of a child. If a man and a woman have consentual sex, that results in a child that the man does not want than he does not have to be emotionally involved, but he does have a financial obligation based on his DNA. IMO. Does that answer your question 😄
Quoting Basherte:

so what would this mean for adoptive parents who have no dna with the child.

Quoting Anonymous 36: I agree. I think you can choose to be emotionally involved But Financially involved is not a choice. If that child carries your DNA, you have an obligation.
Quoting thenameshailie: This is apples to oranges. When a woman has an abortion it doesn't leave one parent with the sole financial burden of raising a baby. A man is not obligated to be a father, but he should definitely be held accountable financially.

kman88
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 12:44 PM

What if the condom broke? 

If a woman can opt out why cant a man?

I do have to agree though it shouldnt be a lets test it out and see choice. 

cjsbmom
by on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:03 PM

I agree.

Quoting StonesGirl66: If you don't want to be a mother, don't have sex. Goes both ways.
Quoting cjsbmom:

I agree with you. Don't want to be a daddy? Don't have sex. It's just that simple. Birth control fails. Either accept the consequences that sex can bring, or don't have it. 

januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:09 PM
2 moms liked this

It's sad that in a society that values progress and children as much as ours, this discussion is even necessary.

Sunkissed82
by on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:22 PM
Too bad, so sad. Should have pulled out before he came, as over stated 600 times already.

Quoting kman88:

What if the condom broke? 

If a woman can opt out why cant a man?

I do have to agree though it shouldnt be a lets test it out and see choice. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 72 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:27 PM
I think a man should be able to opt out as long as a woman can have an abortion in spite of the father wanting the child. It takes two and both should have a choice.
happinessforyou
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:31 PM

I'm also glad that the law is there to step in and protect the CHILD from the irrisponsible decisions the ADULTS are making.....

P.S. I thought men got out of paying already. How many NEVER pay and NEVER have anything happen to them because they didn't pay???

Anonymous
by Anonymous 55 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 7:11 PM
Yeah she's not part of this group. They like to fuck with her in there.. apparently she's a scammer and when her son was 13 she let him get raped by an older woman and served 30 days for it..

Quoting Sunkissed82: I am on facebook but I had no idea there was a group! One of my fb friends posted a video of her yesterday and it cracked me up. Apparently she also has a YouTube channel.

Quoting Anonymous 55: Are you on facebook? I'm in a group about her. Rocking demo shit show or something. It's hilarious.

BTW I completely agree. People look at sex like it's something that should have no consequences. Don't people know that's how babies are made? Lmao I swear these women just don't get it.. or are incredibly selfish
Anonymous
by Anonymous 73 on Dec. 19, 2017 at 12:02 AM
No birth control, even sterilization of both partners, is 100% effective. Women can" opt out" of parenthood but men have no right to. If I became pregnant by a man who had no interest in patenting, I would gladly let him relinquish his parental rights. It is best to not sleep with someone who cannot accept consequences but if a man is not willing to step up, he can give up any rights.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)