Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybody not have a tree up yet?

Posted by on Dec. 16, 2017 at 8:15 PM
  • 57 Replies
We still don't have a Christmas tree put up, its been so busy with things unrelated to the holidays I havens put so much as a wreath. The kids are too young to really care, and i dont have to fuss at them or the cat & dog to leave the damn thing alone. We talked about going tomorrow but dh has to work. So maybe Christmas eve so I can pull it down the next day. I feel like a scrooge but we just have no energy and time this year.
by on Dec. 16, 2017 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ResidentRedhead
by Platinum Member on Dec. 16, 2017 at 8:16 PM
We don't. And now that my dad ia dying, it's going to suck putting it up.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 16, 2017 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Our tree was finally decorated just a couple hours ago. It's been up, but naked, for about a week, lol.
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Dec. 16, 2017 at 8:17 PM

I don't but we aren't putting one up so yea

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2017 at 8:19 PM

I have some small decorations up here and there but nothing like I usually do. 

Quoting lexasmommy411: We still don't have a Christmas tree put up, its been so busy with things unrelated to the holidays I havens put so much as a wreath. The kids are too young to really care, and i dont have to fuss at them or the cat & dog to leave the damn thing alone. We talked about going tomorrow but dh has to work. So maybe Christmas eve so I can pull it down the next day. I feel like a scrooge but we just have no energy and time this year.

~*~ Diamepphyre ~*~

Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Dec. 16, 2017 at 8:20 PM
My tree has been up since 12/1
lexasmommy411
by Gold Member on Dec. 16, 2017 at 8:20 PM
3 moms liked this
Im sorry, we lost my grandpa, who was my dad, he raised me, just a few days after Christmas when I was 12, it was extremely hard. Your family is in my prayers unless you object in which case ill just send good thoughts

Quoting ResidentRedhead: We don't. And now that my dad ia dying, it's going to suck putting it up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 16, 2017 at 8:20 PM
We don’t.

Both the kid and I have been sick since last weekend and she had midterms last week...

If it didn’t absolutely have to be done for basic survival, it didn’t get done last week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 16, 2017 at 8:22 PM
No. We actually go cut our tree as a family, and are doing it this weekend.
Melbornj
by Ruby Member on Dec. 16, 2017 at 8:23 PM
We have ours up, we already did our family Christmas. Contemplating taking them down this week.
purplepiemom
by Silver Member on Dec. 16, 2017 at 8:24 PM

We don't have ours up either, and we're not going to. We are going to visit my parents for 4 days and I just don't see the need to put it up if we're not even going to be here. 

teal ribbon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)