Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A lot of you were right!!!!!! :)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

So, I must say, that I have typed several posts on here about cousins and how I want my kids to see their cousins but their parents make it very difficult for them to see each other. So dealing with this for over 13 years, something else happened that caused me pain today and we might not see the cousins for Christmas this year.

I talked to my kids about it and asked their opinion about some stuff and they said they wll be fine if they don't see them! My teenage son said "it doesn't mean it's over forever, but we will be okay to not see them at Christmas and we will just see them whenever if we can". He's so mature!

I told him next time he does see his cousin that is 11 (all the others are younger than that) to ask if he has a phone and any social media and they can try to communicate some that way. He said okay.  It sucks we won't see them for Christmas, but it's AWESOME that my kids said they are fine with it!!!! :) You guys always said my kids will be fine without their cousins! You were right!!!! :)

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 16, 2017 at 9:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CraziestTexan39
by Creative Kook on Dec. 16, 2017 at 9:11 PM
Uuummmm what??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 16, 2017 at 9:12 PM
What
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 16, 2017 at 9:12 PM

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 16, 2017 at 9:13 PM

What? Why are you asking that?

Quoting CraziestTexan39: Uuummmm what??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 16, 2017 at 9:13 PM

What does this mean?

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 16, 2017 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter has grown up with virtually no close cousin relationships. She's just fine. Of course your children will be fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 16, 2017 at 9:16 PM

Well they used to be close. They have a bond. But the parents always made it so difficult to get together. So I am glad my kids have good memories from their cousins, but it got exhausting "chasing" to see them just once or twice a year now. They used to get together more often but haven't for a few years. It was even hard to schedule a Christmas get together all these years but it usually would eventually work out. But not this year.

Quoting Anonymous 4: My daughter has grown up with virtually no close cousin relationships. She's just fine. Of course your children will be fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 16, 2017 at 9:18 PM
This nutso has been posting about how her kids lives are ruined due to lack of cousin relationships.

Quoting CraziestTexan39: Uuummmm what??
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 16, 2017 at 9:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Imagine that... MC was right.
Caidysmom
by MindyM on Dec. 16, 2017 at 9:20 PM
Ok...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)