Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Deviated Septum!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
Have you or anyone close to you had surgery for a deviated septum? How long was it painful after surgery? When cold you go back to work?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2017 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Dec. 17, 2017 at 1:02 AM
Nope. Here’s a bump!
Niciajayy
by InsertCoolNameHere on Dec. 17, 2017 at 1:05 AM
I have a deviated septum. Not really noticeable though. Didn’t really realize it until I got my septum pierced and the tattoo artist told me. I noticed now of course but it doesn’t bother me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2017 at 1:06 AM
Lol always good when you let a tattoo artist diagnose you.

Quoting Niciajayy: I have a deviated septum. Not really noticeable though. Didn’t really realize it until I got my septum pierced and the tattoo artist told me. I noticed now of course but it doesn’t bother me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2017 at 1:07 AM
Thanks!!

Quoting Ted1242: Nope. Here’s a bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 17, 2017 at 1:10 AM
I had mine fixed in September. The first couple days really sucked, I'll be honest. After that tho it wasn't awful. Sore and uncomfortable. I was back to work in about two weeks. It was totally worth it for me. Mine was really bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2017 at 1:14 AM
My husband is having it in January and he does not want to take more than 3 days off. He's surgery is on a thursday so he plans on taking Wed off for pre op and Thursday for the surgery then Friday and then he will have sat and sun and he wants to go back to work Monday.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I had mine fixed in September. The first couple days really sucked, I'll be honest. After that tho it wasn't awful. Sore and uncomfortable. I was back to work in about two weeks. It was totally worth it for me. Mine was really bad.
Niciajayy
by InsertCoolNameHere on Dec. 17, 2017 at 1:14 AM
My mom also has one too. Hers is more noticeable but when I was little she told me that she “broke her nose.” Lol I brought it up in a convo and she laughed and told me that she was just playing that day, and it was because she had a cleft palate? Idk. But now that you brought up the surgery it does make your nose look alot better (Googled it) might be interested in it myself.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Lol always good when you let a tattoo artist diagnose you.

Quoting Niciajayy: I have a deviated septum. Not really noticeable though. Didn’t really realize it until I got my septum pierced and the tattoo artist told me. I noticed now of course but it doesn’t bother me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 17, 2017 at 1:21 AM
I'm pretty sure the doctor will say at least a week. That's when the splints comes out. After that, as long as there's no probs it's up to him and his comfort level.

Quoting Anonymous 1: My husband is having it in January and he does not want to take more than 3 days off. He's surgery is on a thursday so he plans on taking Wed off for pre op and Thursday for the surgery then Friday and then he will have sat and sun and he wants to go back to work Monday.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I had mine fixed in September. The first couple days really sucked, I'll be honest. After that tho it wasn't awful. Sore and uncomfortable. I was back to work in about two weeks. It was totally worth it for me. Mine was really bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2017 at 1:23 AM
When I was reading about it, I did read about the splints and told him and he said im still going to work like that. Lol he's very stubborn. Do you think he'd be ok going to work with the splints still in his nose?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm pretty sure the doctor will say at least a week. That's when the splints comes out. After that, as long as there's no probs it's up to him and his comfort level.

Quoting Anonymous 1: My husband is having it in January and he does not want to take more than 3 days off. He's surgery is on a thursday so he plans on taking Wed off for pre op and Thursday for the surgery then Friday and then he will have sat and sun and he wants to go back to work Monday.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 17, 2017 at 1:27 AM
mine was like 18-19 years ago but I don't remember having to be out long... had mine corrected due to a sinus infection that was stuck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)