Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why did you stop going to church?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 139 Replies
????
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:37 AM
I never went to begin with. My parents didn’t raise us to follow organized religion.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:37 AM
I never started
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Because I wanted to sleep in. I only went to make my grandparents happy and my grandma bribed me with delicious pancakes 🥞
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:39 AM
6 moms liked this
Because I realized that Christianity is a load of horseshit.
iamme1986
by Platinum Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:40 AM
Drama and pettiness.

I was renting a house from the church and the boarsd members kept nit picking every little thing. I was constantly having to prove I paid my rent and they even wanted to see my bank statements for proof! They kept trying to change my contract. Utilities were included in my rent and they didn't like that.
shadow_lark
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:41 AM
Because I grew up watching followers of organized religion tear our world apart for the right to brag about whose diety is the correct one. I want no part of that nonsense.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:42 AM
Because I realized I didn't care for koolaid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:43 AM
Bc priests are a bunch of child molesters.
redbottoms
by Ruby Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:44 AM
great question. My son does dance a lot on sundays now so that is one reason. My autistic son really hates church because its everything he hates-crowds-lights-noise-singing. And churches could not really include or handle him well.

Also my mom often takes the kids on weekends to spend time with her so I don't really want to go to church alone without the kids. Dh and I use that time to be together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:48 AM
There have been a few reasons why I have opted out of going to certain churches.

1. The priest refused to do the last rights for members. He would always send the deacon or sister.

2. At a different church; ds asked the priest if we could pray for the children at Sandy Hook... He said no, we only pray for thoes in our congregation.

We have found another congragation to join, and it has been wonderful.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)