Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O excluding handicapped kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

Is it right for a parent to teach their child to exclude a handicapped child from playing with them? for no other reason than "they can't get up the stairs"?    

Is it right for a child that doesn't live in apt complex full time to show up every couple of weekends & intentionally exclude said handicapped child from playing with the kids they normally play with?  

The handicapped child is "popular" and plays with the kids all the time, except when this one kid shows up & gets everyone else to exclude her.   Is it right for a parent to not only allow it to happen but to encourage it?  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
That's rude. The parents are asses and raising a lil asshole kid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

how come no other parent has confronted the bitch allowing this to happen?  is everyone spineless?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:21 PM

I would worry about teaching MY kid about how to be a good friend.  If enough parents did this it would be a non-issue- the kids would tell the excluding child that they weren't going along.  I take it your kid is the handicapped one?

ShaMac
by Emerald Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:22 PM
Nope, Linda needs to get her act together.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:22 PM

No, not my kid.  Just a situation that I read here.   The mom thinks it's no big deal to encourage excluding the handicapped child.  She's only concerned about her kid having the friends, not the damage he's doing to the handicapped child.  

Quoting Anonymous 4:

I would worry about teaching MY kid about how to be a good friend.  If enough parents did this it would be a non-issue- the kids would tell the excluding child that they weren't going along.  I take it your kid is the handicapped one?

ShaMac
by Emerald Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:24 PM
Its a spin off from Linda's latest post.
Guess which kid is her's.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:26 PM

and she needs to be called out on it big time.  This is one of the worst things she's encouraged her kid to do so far.  Even worse than justifying him beating up a lttle girl in the gym.  

Quoting ShaMac: Its a spin off from Linda's latest post. Guess which kid is her's.
Quoting Anonymous 4:

ilovemykids323
by on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:31 PM

i man i missed this post... what is it titled?

ShaMac
by Emerald Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:31 PM
3 moms liked this
She won't see it... even if a million people stand up and call her out she will never be able to empathize. The only person she cares about is her and everyone around her is just an extension of her. I grew up with a mom like her. Hopefully R will figure it out one day but the kid sounds like she has really done a number on him.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

and she needs to be called out on it big time.  This is one of the worst things she's encouraged her kid to do so far.  Even worse than justifying him beating up a lttle girl in the gym.  

Quoting ShaMac: Its a spin off from Linda's latest post.
Guess which kid is her's.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

H.j.K.l65482
by Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 10:32 PM
No. She’s a shit bag mom and teaching the kid to be a little asshole
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)