Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can your family members hit your kid?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 136 Replies

My sil  is living with me and my DH and today she yelled at my 3 year old for knocking on her door and trying to open it . she screamed and told him if he did not stop that she would hit him . I flipped and went off and told her no you  won't, she came to my face and argued with me all the reasons why she will and can because she is their aunt. I told her i do not care what you have to say you wont be touching my kids. things did get heated and now my husband is mad at me for arguing with her. I am annoyed honestly . 

Thank  you everyone for your comments . I really needed someone to talk to and now i do not feel bad for standing up for my kiddo. <3 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 17, 2017 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 11:33 PM
3 moms liked this
I couldn’t imagine any relative of mine even wanting to hit my kids. Your sis is crazy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2017 at 11:33 PM

BUMP!

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Dec. 17, 2017 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I don’t usually hit my children and I don’t leave others in a position where they would feel that they had to...
stepperbepper
by Gold Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 11:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Discipline? Yes. Hit? No.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 17, 2017 at 11:34 PM

she is 22 and very immature . thats how her family is they let their family hit their kids . Me i do not do that I dont even hit my own children . 

Quoting KairisMama: I couldn’t imagine any relative of mine even wanting to hit my kids. Your sis is crazy.

2ninos4me
by Mrs.Erika2 on Dec. 17, 2017 at 11:35 PM
5 moms liked this
your dh can go to hell and take his sister with him as well .

i dont believe in hitting my boys and i have told all my family members that they are never to be allowed to hit my boys . but i know my parents nor siblings are like that ;)

btw , i have always wonder why do people think an adult hitting another adult is considered assault but an adult hittinf a child is considered discipline ?!

anyways , great job for standing up for your child .
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Dec. 17, 2017 at 11:35 PM
I can’t even imagine spanking my niece or nephew. I’d feel terrible.
engagedandproud
by Diamond Member on Dec. 17, 2017 at 11:35 PM
Hell no. My sil tried that and I shut that shit down right away
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 17, 2017 at 11:36 PM
I don’t mind if a grandparent spanks one of my kids, but that’s about as far as my leniency goes. I’d have flipped on SIL.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 17, 2017 at 11:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Not if they plan on seeing the next sunrise. I've never spanked a child and I never will. We dont spank in our family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)