Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She blames me for not getting married

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I had a best friend through high school and college, a few years after college I got married and moved to a different state. We would talk over the phone and. Fb for several years after that but maybe a few times a year. Anyway we are both 34 now, and turns out she blames me for not getting married. I saw her when we were 24 last time and talked over the phone 6 years ago when dd was born. She would often call and talk about her new bf etc etc. I asked her why she blames me for not getting married and she shrugged and said I prevented it several times. I have no idea why she thinks that, Wwyt?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2017 at 12:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
I.Cant.Even....
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 12:59 AM
Why did she make life decisions based on you at all?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2017 at 1:02 AM
Idk she would usually talk about this and that bf and I just say yes yes, whatever she was saying, I don't know what decision she made but she blames me anyway

Quoting I.Cant.Even....: Why did she make life decisions based on you at all?
cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 1:21 AM

I would ask her to explain what she means. Sounds like she is looking for someone to blame and excuses. Especially if you haven't seen her for years. Is she that easily persuaded? If so that is her problem.

cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 1:22 AM

I would call or message her and ask how she feels you stopped her from getting married. She sounds totally weird. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Idk she would usually talk about this and that bf and I just say yes yes, whatever she was saying, I don't know what decision she made but she blames me anyway
Quoting I.Cant.Even....: Why did she make life decisions based on you at all?

Phoenix_lament
by Fawkes on Dec. 18, 2017 at 1:24 AM
Doesn't sound like much of a friendship is left to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2017 at 1:25 AM
Idk she is a smart pretty girl and she has very high expectations/standards. She would tell me that the guys she dates with are either too poor or lazy or not good looking. I havent seen those guys so I never agreed or disagreed or never persuaded her to do anything she was mostly just venting

Quoting cali_gurl:

I would ask her to explain what she means. Sounds like she is looking for someone to blame and excuses. Especially if you haven't seen her for years. Is she that easily persuaded? If so that is her problem.

cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 1:31 AM

Sounds like she is sad now and looking for someone to blame. We all know that she made her own choices. I would probably tell her that she made her own relationship choices and you don't appreciate her blaming you for anything. So weird.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Idk she is a smart pretty girl and she has very high expectations/standards. She would tell me that the guys she dates with are either too poor or lazy or not good looking. I havent seen those guys so I never agreed or disagreed or never persuaded her to do anything she was mostly just venting
Quoting cali_gurl:

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 18, 2017 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this
This.

I honestly wouldn't care enough to want to figure out why she thinks that.

Quoting Phoenix_lament: Doesn't sound like much of a friendship is left to me.
BooBooBoom
by on Dec. 18, 2017 at 4:02 AM

That's very odd. Maybe she just needs someone to blame. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)