Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever wonder if people who say cheating is the most awful thing...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 211 Replies
1 mom liked this

...aren't trying to justify their own shitty behavior?  LIke, I may not be the best wife/husband/SO, but I'm not a cheater!  Even if they are basically worthless as a person.  

I've seen people who have been cheated on, and I honestly am like, Yeah, I could see that coming. People who cheat KNOW they can lose a partner over it.  I think some just don't care.  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2017 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 1:42 AM
Nope. I’ve never wondered that.
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:09 AM
3 moms liked this

Not really. I think cheating is awful but I am a pretty good wife. Nobody is perfect and there are times when we may take each other for granted or be snarky due to tiredness but we are not blatantly disrespectful to each other. We dont treat each other poorly or doing anything even close to cheating.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:18 AM
I get what you're saying.

My next door neighbor was always the "victim" of her husband's infidelity.

But truth be told, this lady was a hot mess (didn't cook, clean, work, and was a hoarder) and he let everyone know he was only there to avoid paying child support. She knew it as well.

I didn't blame him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:25 AM
1 mom liked this
How do you know him cheating didn't drive her to that point?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I get what you're saying.

But truth be told, this lady was a hot mess (didn't cook, clean, work, and was a hoarder) and he let everyone know he was only there to avoid paying child support. She knew it as well.

I didn't blame him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:29 AM

Exactly.  And of course she stuck around, cause she probably knew she could never get another guy to put up with her.  

Quoting Anonymous 3: I get what you're saying. My next door neighbor was always the "victim" of her husband's infidelity. But truth be told, this lady was a hot mess (didn't cook, clean, work, and was a hoarder) and he let everyone know he was only there to avoid paying child support. She knew it as well. I didn't blame him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:30 AM
I've cheated before, so when I say it's awful I'm not trying to justify anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:30 AM
1 mom liked this

How does that justify her being an awful person? 

Quoting Anonymous 4: How do you know him cheating didn't drive her to that point?
Quoting Anonymous 3: I get what you're saying. My next door neighbor was always the "victim" of her husband's infidelity. But truth be told, this lady was a hot mess (didn't cook, clean, work, and was a hoarder) and he let everyone know he was only there to avoid paying child support. She knew it as well. I didn't blame him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:32 AM

You have a deeper understanding of this.  

Quoting Anonymous 5: I've cheated before, so when I say it's awful I'm not trying to justify anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:34 AM
4 moms liked this
He would have had a huge hand in making her that way. Cheaters cause all kinds of obsessive tendencies, anxiety, depression, compulsions and stress to multiply substantially in their spouses. She could have been a regular functioning person until he cheated.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 4: How do you know him cheating didn't drive her to that point?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I get what you're saying.

I didn't blame him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2017 at 2:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah...that's not how it works.  Nobody can make you a shitty person but yourself.  You sound like the kind of person I'm talking about, actually.

Quoting Anonymous 4: He would have had a huge hand in making her that way. Cheaters cause all kinds of obsessive tendencies, anxiety, and stress to multiply substantially. She could have been a regular functioning person until he cheated.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)