Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I being a b****?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
My grandparents want to do some Christmas dinner together and I just decided that I'm not going... I feel a lil bad because they are so old and barely hanging on now but I just don't want to be bothered.

For one they are Jehovah witnessses and don't even celebrate Christmas... Never got a Christmas gift from them even as a child. Two.. Family is dysfunctional my grandmother is an alcoholic and she is throwing this shin dig together. Being around my family make me more depressed because I see so many families tht have great Christmas dinners where they exchange gifts and play silly games and enjoy each other company... And our family is not that... Everyone is miserable hateful and it's not fun... There are no gifts... There is no christmas joy. Just a meal.

Christmas with my kids is different.... They wake up open presents and play with their gifts all day while I cook... That's what we do. Over the years I've asked everyone in my family to exchange gifts and I'm always told hell no.

It would be fun imo... I haven't gotten a Christmas gift since I was a kid... My mom stopped gifts when we became tweens and we realized there's no Santa .

Now everyone is mad at me saying my grandparents are old and I need to come anyway. I'm a horrible person yada yada yada ...
Mind you I offered to come for dinner on thanksgiving and my grandparents told me NO but they invited my aunt and her kids for dinner. Also my uncle is NEVER invited to anything because he's gay and does drugs... It's not like he does it while he's there but they purposely exclude him from EVERYTHING than get mad he's depressed. He's not even invited to bbqs when he's starving. He was texting everyone how hungry he is and they said oh well...
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2017 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Geeez17
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 8:37 AM
I wouldn't make my Christmas a miserable day for anyone. You can always visit your grandparents on any other day of the week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 8:38 AM
2 moms liked this

So you start this out with, you don't want be bothered then tried to change your story by listing reasons you don't want to go and it sounds like you don't want too because no one buys you anything.  You don't sound good here. You sound like a child, NO ONE BUYS ME ANYTHING!  Let go of your childhood.  They are better off without you there, sulking because no one buys you gifts. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 8:38 AM
My parents are JW’s and would never do anything to celebrate at any holiday. Maybe ask if you can come cook for them another day or take them out?
susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Why do something that is going to make you feel bad? Stay home with your own family. As far your uncle goes, if he is an adult, he needs to take care of himself. I don't blame your relatives for not enabling him. If he is starving, he should be buying food, not drugs. Also, how is it he can text anyone if he is "starving?"

ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 8:40 AM

It sounds like she is just......

See the source image

( Just kidding OP!)

Quoting susannah2000:

Why do something that is going to make you feel bad? Stay home with your own family. As far your uncle goes, if he is an adult, he needs to take care of himself. I don't blame your relatives for not enabling him. If he is starving, he should be buying food, not drugs. Also, how is it he can text anyone if he is "starving?"

JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Dec. 18, 2017 at 8:40 AM

You're an adult. Ignore them & do what you want.

AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 8:42 AM
No you are not a bitch. I would not go to that.
grannie_kel
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 8:48 AM
4 moms liked this
You are making way too much fuss over no gifts. You're an adult, not a child.

You either want to spend some time with your elderly grandparents or you don't.

I wouldn't invite an addict either. My kids/grandkids don't need to be around that. If he is that hungry he should set his attention at eating instead of drugs.
Southern_Song
by Jo on Dec. 18, 2017 at 8:51 AM
2 moms liked this
JWs can't drink. Either she's not JW or doesn't really drink. And a JW doesn't celebrate holidays so how are they doing a Christmas party or dinner? I'm confused.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Dec. 18, 2017 at 8:53 AM
You have a gift obsession....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)