Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That's NOT her name!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 147 Replies

I had a baby girl Friday.  She was due Christmas Eve (she is fine, 9lbs 4oz)  We hadn't decided on a name for sure; we kicked around Eve, Holly, Merry, Joy, Christine, Star, Winter (yes, we're "those people")  Everyone knew we were going with the Christmas theme for her name, even though I hadn't actually decided on one.  Then I read the name tag of one of the nurses in L&D and found my perfect name.

Noelle.

My MIL sent a text to DH's side of the family but her auto-correct changed it to Nicole.  Within 5 minutes, she had sent another explaining her auto-correct had changed it, but the baby's name is NOELLE, not Nicole.  

I guess people don't read a second text because all weekend, we got texts congratulating us on Baby Nicole.  We have been patient and responded with a Thank You, but the baby's name is Noelle, not Nicole, MIL's phone auto-corrected to Nicole, sorry about the confusion. 

This morning proved to me people must not read ANY texts after the first one.  One of DH's aunts sent over a gift basket and one of the gifts is a beautiful Christmas quilt she hand made.  It is wonderful, I love it, EXCEPT, she has embroidered NICOLE in the middle of it!!!  

I have been looking at it and yes, I probably can remove the stitching that says Nicole, but I have a feeling it is still going to show where it was.  I don't sew so there is no way for me to fix this.  She is the only one in the family that does stuff like this.  I don't know what to do.   Do I call her up and explain it again to her (she got one of the thank you texts with correct name) and ask her if there is any way to fix it?  Ignore it, say thank you, removed it myself?  I just don't want to keep it for her and it have the wrong name on it. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2017 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ms_Smock
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 9:12 AM
Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 9:13 AM

1/10

Southern_Song
by Jo on Dec. 18, 2017 at 9:13 AM
Noelle isn't a Christmas name. Noel is which means the Christmas season in French. Just saying. But pretty none the less.
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 9:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I’d probably take it somewhere and have them remove the name and put the correct name in its place.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2017 at 9:15 AM

It's not really funny.  It's actually kind of hurtful that no one can be bothered to remember her name.  Granted she is only 3 days old, but how many times do you have to be told before you call a person by their right name?

Quoting Ms_Smock: Lol

canna_perks
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 9:15 AM
2 moms liked this
Maybe your next daughter can be Nicole, lol! Oh good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2017 at 9:16 AM
6 moms liked this

Noelle (also Noëlle) is a feminine given name. It is an English form of the Frenchname Noëlle, which is a feminine form of the name Noël meaning "Christmas" in French. The French word itself is derived, via Old French, from Latin "natalis dies (Domini)" meaning "birthday (of the Lord)".

Quoting Southern_Song: Noelle isn't a Christmas name. Noel is which means the Christmas season in French. Just saying. But pretty none the less.

ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 9:18 AM
6 moms liked this

I'd leave it the way it it.  It will be a funny and cute story for your daughter when she is older.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2017 at 9:18 AM

I can't have any more children.  She is going to be our one and only.  We found out I have a heart condition and there can be no more, it will be too much of a strain on my heart.  

Quoting canna_perks: Maybe your next daughter can be Nicole, lol! Oh good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 9:20 AM
5 moms liked this

Quoting Southern_Song: Noelle isn't a Christmas name. Noel is which means the Christmas season in French. Just saying. But pretty none the less.

Noelle is a feminine form of the French name Noel, which means "Christmas". Noel can also be used as a female namebut it is much less common. The French word Noel ultimately originates in Latin.

Yes, it is a Christmas name.  Why do you always run your mouth when you have no idea what you are talking about? Don't you get tired of being told you are wrong? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)