Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this enough?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Dd11 is getting 3 music books- hamilton, pop songs and female pop songs. A few outfits, a six flags season pass with the dining pass, new shoes, socks, mittens and a 50$ Barnes and noble card.

Ds7 is getting some Fisher price train set plus 2 vehicles, new shoes,socks, mittens, a few outfits, a six flags season pass w dining pass, a RC truck.

The kids friend/babysitter/my "other daughter" 13 Is getting shoes, the 2 pop music books dd is getting, a 6 flags pass w dining pass.

Im not sure what there uncles, grandparents or greatgrandmother are getting them but it seems like we're not giving alot.

This year has been tough....

So the 13 year old isnt really a babysitter, more of a distraction for ds when I'm busy. I dont pay her cause she wont take the cash etc.

And she's getting stuff cause her dad said she wasn't allowed to go to her family's Xmas cause shes to old.

I was standing there so I know she isn't lying.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2017 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Southern_Song
by Jo on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Their friend who is only 2 years older their babysitter? Hmmmm. Anyway it's the thought not the amount or cost
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

That sounds like plenty to me.

We dont get DS much because he gets gifts from everyone else too. I think we got him a board game, 3 video games and 2 books. I dont understand why people think they have to get their kids as many things as possible. Kids dont give a shit about that unless you tell them that is what Christmas is about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:27 AM
More for ds. She doesn't really watch him much. More of a helper?

Quoting Southern_Song: Their friend who is only 2 years older their babysitter? Hmmmm. Anyway it's the thought not the amount or cost
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
#humblebrag season!
That's a crapton already.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:30 AM
It's no yuppy Christmas but it'll do
flibbertygibbet
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:32 AM
Yeah, that’s plenty imo
ChildOfTheLight
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:35 AM
My kids are getting just three things from us. What they asked santa for, an outfit of clothes and a second gift to go with their santa gift. That’s it and imo it’s plenty. You don’t have to give a ton of gifts for it to be meaningful and for them to appreciate it. I think your gifts are just fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:37 AM
😂🤣 you win the comment of the day!

Quoting Anonymous 4: It's no yuppy Christmas but it'll do
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:41 AM
Hahaha woohoo!!

Quoting Anonymous 5: 😂🤣 you win the comment of the day!

Quoting Anonymous 4: It's no yuppy Christmas but it'll do
aprilsalcro
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:43 AM
I would get my kids more , it all depends what you can afford and what YOU think.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)