Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom on strike right here

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
A few days ago dh was mad because I got pizza for dinner and I didn't cook anything . Well he said it must be nice not do anything with nyself all day . So now I'm not doing shit . He can do it he came in to the bed room and asked if I was overly sick or tired , because his lunch wasn't packed and his suite wasn't laid out. . I said nope nothing is wrong I'm just not doing anything else until you apologize for to me , I do alot , and I expect some recognition . The day I got pizza was the day I was puking up a storm, I didn't think it be smart to be handling food unless they wanted puke for dinner.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:27 AM
If you've always been a doormat and done everything for him, why wouldn't he expect good food for dinner? If he was out of the house working all day, how would he know your sick? You women create your own monsters.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this

tell him 'you said i do nothing,im showing you nothing..

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:28 AM

what did he say?

januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:32 AM
3 moms liked this

I think a lot of couples run into this "competition" of who does more work. It's easy to get caught up in how busy you are and everything you're responsible for. Dh and I have caught ourselves feeling this way before. Sometimes it's been justified and other times, we were both just very overwhelmed and only saw our own contributions and missed our partner's. 

B3autifulCha0s
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:37 AM
I agree. And it’s not just feeling overwhelmed, it’s feeling under appreciated or undervalued. When we feel those things, it doesn’t matter if one parent works or another stays home. There’s feelings of hurt and we naturally resort to the “me, myself and I” outlook. It doesn’t matter the gender or occupation.

Quoting januaryqueen:

I think a lot of couples run into this "competition" of who does more work. It's easy to get caught up in how busy you are and everything you're responsible for. Dh and I have caught ourselves feeling this way before. Sometimes it's been justified and other times, we were both just very overwhelmed and only saw our own contributions and missed our partner's. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:39 AM
You sound like a grown up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol you sound like what I did. My dh pulled the same shit. So for one day I sat on my butt and dd absolutely NOTHING! He never said it again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:44 AM
He rolled his eyes and started to make his lunch

Quoting quinnsmom715:

what did he say?

januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Right. It goes both ways. Communication prior to those negative feelings getting out of control is crucial. Early on, someone needs to be mature enough to say, "Hey, I'm not saying it's intentional, but I'm starting to feel like I'm doing more than my fair share. I think we need to look at the responsibilities and adjust how we have them delegated." Otherwise, it builds up and become resentment.

Quoting B3autifulCha0s: I agree. And it’s not just feeling overwhelmed, it’s feeling under appreciated or undervalued. When we feel those things, it doesn’t matter if one parent works or another stays home. There’s feelings of hurt and we naturally resort to the “me, myself and I” outlook. It doesn’t matter the gender or occupation.
Quoting januaryqueen:

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 12:08 PM

Write a list of all of the things that you do for him and any of the items where he can help you with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)