Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The love dare

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
Has anyone ever read the book and it helped your marriage? Have you heard good things about it ? Would you give it a try.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
girlmommy0530
by crazy cat lady on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:38 AM
Haven’t tried the book but love love love the movie
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:38 AM
I tried it maybe 8 years ago. It was stupid and a waste of money. The movie is good tho.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:39 AM

My dh and I just started it a couple days ago actually! Our marriage really isn't bad, we don't really fight or anything but we're trying for baby number 3 and wanted to reconnect since we seem to have lost some of our spark since we had our son. I heard really good things about it and we're having fun with it. I think for marriages that are very negative or fight a lot it would be very difficult but is supposed to be worth it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:40 AM
What is it? I’ve heard of it, but never actually looked into it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:40 AM
I have two aunts that tried it. One aunt (aunt A), it helped better her marriage. The other (aunt B)...it didn’t and they got divorced this year.

It depends on how hardened the hearts are of the parties involved. Aunt A really wanted to fix her marriage and her husband reciprocated that. Aunt B tried it because Aunt A did it. She didn’t truly, deeply love her husband and he didn’t love her back. So it didn’t work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:40 AM
It’s a book. Look it up.

Quoting Anonymous 4: What is it? I’ve heard of it, but never actually looked into it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:41 AM
I agree t was a good movie.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I tried it maybe 8 years ago. It was stupid and a waste of money. The movie is good tho.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:42 AM
Good luck with getting pregnant and I hope your marriage gets reconnected

Quoting Anonymous 3:

My dh and I just started it a couple days ago actually! Our marriage really isn't bad, we don't really fight or anything but we're trying for baby number 3 and wanted to reconnect since we seem to have lost some of our spark since we had our son. I heard really good things about it and we're having fun with it. I think for marriages that are very negative or fight a lot it would be very difficult but is supposed to be worth it.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:43 AM
I don’t know if the posts are still around but a lady on here did that & posted about it as she went. I believe she ended up leaving in the end but she really seemed to try everything before she did.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 10:44 AM

Thank you! I hope you find something that helps your marriage! I would say the book is worth a try if your dh is on board

Quoting Anonymous 1: Good luck with getting pregnant and I hope your marriage gets reconnected
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)