Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If I wanted to give the stuff away, I would have

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies
1 mom liked this
I just had my last of 5 children, she is a girl so I am looking to get rid of all my baby boy clothes and toys. My younger boy is 5 so I am selling full wardrobes in lots by size from newborn to 5t.

I posted it on a Facebook yard sale group. I had pretty reasonable prices
For example, the 5t group had 5 pair jeans, 2 pair khaki pants, 3 button up dress shirts, 9 Polo shirts, 5 tshirts, 2 sweaters, a suit with dress shirt, pants, vest, tie and jacket, 1 Hoodie and a coat. Almost all from children's place and all in great shape. All for $75. The coat is in almost perfect condition and it alone retails for $50+. All of my lots were similar to that in value and price.

Within an hour, I got half a dozen messages asking the a lot for free or at a drastically reduced price. One lady wanted to pay me $30 for the 5t lot. One gave me the sob story and wanted 2 of the lots FOR FREE! I messaged her back saying that I am selling the items, if I wanted to give them away for free, I could have dropped everything off at the women and children's shelter. She messaged saying I was selfish and greedy and that God would punish me! I got several other similar messages from people asking for free and getting nasty when I said no.

How hard is it to understand, if someone is trying to SELL stuff, they are not looking to give it away for free?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:23 PM
Bump
Manic_Sinner
by 5/27/2018🤰🏽 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:23 PM
That is annoying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:24 PM
It is

Quoting Manic_Sinner: That is annoying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:25 PM

Yikes. I know that would get on my nerves. I'd never sell on there because of that and because I'm afraid to meet up with anyone due to things that have happened with that in my area. Of course you'll get 30 sob stories. I've seen people in my area post sob stories and actually get things out of sympathy that they turn around and sell. Junkies, smh. At least they get called out, lol. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:26 PM
2 moms liked this
That's annoying but overpriced used clothes also annoys me.
cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:28 PM
3 moms liked this

That sounds kind of spendy for all of that.

SPNpudding
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:29 PM
I would've sent her the address to local shelters and goodwills. Lol
ReaIisticbeauti
by Gold Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:29 PM
4 moms liked this
That's pretty expensive for used kids clothes. 30 sounds reasonable, good luck trying to sell that stuff. i ended up giving my boys clothes away for free because most people only want to pay pennies for it regardless of how new it may be.
Wildcard996
by on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

You should add 'price firm' to your ad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:31 PM
3 moms liked this
Retail, it's about $600 worth of stuff and it's still in great shape. But I forgot to add 6 long sleeve shirts to the list. But I guess my prices were OK since ALL of them sold for my asking price

Quoting Anonymous 3: That's annoying but overpriced used clothes also annoys me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)