Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Saw this on Facebook raising boys to be good men - WDYT?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this

I saw this on Facebook and thought of CMers.  I have seen many posts where boys are expected to follow traditional male and girls female roles.  I thought this was an interesting POV and I agree with it (okay in the interest of full disclosure, I have a girl but I do have nephews).

ETA:  I am well aware that the grammar/language isn't the best.  But I, for one, am chosing to look past the grammar and ponder the sentiment/message expressed.  And frankly, I have seen worse on this site.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hotspice58
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:39 PM

very interesting.  I don't buy my sons a kitchen or broom, they have chores that include doing dishes and cleaning the bathroom.  I don't sew so we're all out of luck!! 

SPNpudding
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:40 PM
I have two girls and I'm currently pregnant with a girl and a boy.

My son will grow up to know how to do laundry, dishes, etc. I'll have the phone numbers of the girls that he dates in case he forgets how he was raised. He's not going to be taught that head of household equates to king. He is an equal. Not a superior.
cupcake7734
by on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:40 PM
3 moms liked this
That was hard to read with the ghetto speak. But I agree with the sentiment. We can't expect our boys to act a certain way when we don't allow them exposure to the skills we want them to have.
JDMlover
by Summer&Lucille on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I think there is a valid point here, also proves to every action there is a consequence
CStarz
by Rabble Rouser on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:42 PM

I think the poster has a valid point. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 3:42 PM
I do not complain about how and what DH does. I knew from the start he was very old fashion. I knew what I was getting into. He does not even boil water. I have never complained or tried to change him.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 4:27 PM
Valid points. My sons had a kitchen set and baked with me from very early ages. They had dolls , took dance, yoga , and had they wanted to use the sewing machine I would have been happy to have taught them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 18, 2017 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not looking for a Mensa member to provide parenting input but if you sound like this. you have zero credibility to prevail to main stream America.

Southern_Song
by Jo on Dec. 18, 2017 at 4:35 PM
Despite the ghetto grammar fail.... I agree.
Mama2ETA
by Platinum Member on Dec. 18, 2017 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Eh, my boys played with dolls with their sister. They cook and clean at home. They know crying is good for them. It releases Adrenocorticotropic hormones which are visible during high stress situations which many boys go through during puberty especially. And my boys definitely are starting that. We also practice oils to keep our moods up. They’re very good kids and will be great husbands or bfs or single and know how to take care of themselves. Whatever they choose.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)