Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Food Stamps & Welfare (Hell yea!)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm so happy! 

I decided to go back to college a few years ago and was working full-time at Burger King, while caring for my two children and taking as many as several classes per term. I didn't sleep much, I worked my ass off and graduated this year.  

All the sweat, tears and hard work finally paid off today! I started a new job I love and I'm officially going to be paying back the money received for food stamps and welfare while I was homeless and struggling. 

I get to call the county first thing tomorrow and have all my benefits cut. Not only did I land a job, I landed a GREAT paying one. 

I'm going to totally go out for a nice dinner with my family on my first pay day, pay off any bills that are behind and even get snow tires for my car!

YEY! I'm a tax payer now! 

happy

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2017 at 7:43 PM
Replies (141-146):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Dec. 28, 2017 at 11:22 PM
That would make more sense if you were looking in a mirror.

Quoting JTROX: Lol. Do you have trouble with comprehension?

Quoting Anonymous 18: I'm aware.

Which is why I keep replying to call you out on yours.

Quoting JTROX: Calling out nonsense isn't trashy.

Quoting Anonymous 18: Your behavior in this post indicates otherwise.

Quoting JTROX: Lol. I'm far from trashy.

Quoting Anonymous 18: That would make more sense if you were looking in a mirror.

Quoting JTROX: Yep. She's trashy.

Quoting Anonymous 18: Hmm... you want to claim again that OP is the one being nasty?

Quoting JTROX: You apparently are bothered by what I've said. Your responses show it. Carry on with your trashy self. Go sleep around some more.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Guess I struck a cord there. Typical. Was I supposed to give a shit about what you think? Because I can't seem to give a fuck. Go back into your cave troll.

Quoting JTROX: Classy. Lol. No wonder you have multiple baby daddies, were homeless and on welfare.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Sucking your husband's cock for a paycheck doesn't count.

Quoting JTROX: Nope. College graduate before starting a family.

Quoting Anonymous 18: Weren't you a teen mom or something like that?

Quoting JTROX: Hopefully she will pay back the thousands of dollars she took instead of providing her own way.

Quoting Anonymous 18: I'm sure she'll do fine. I have paid, in state taxes alone, much more than I ever used in P.A.

Quoting JTROX: I figured that is what she meant. Depending on how much help she has received and how much she will pay in taxed will affect if she ever pays back all she received.

Quoting Anonymous 18: She means by paying taxes she'll be paying back the investment taxpayers made in her.

Quoting JTROX: It's unlikely you are paying them back, but congrats.

firebird78
by JKL's mom on Dec. 28, 2017 at 11:25 PM
Awesome!
Glad you made it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 28, 2017 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks! Me too!

Quoting firebird78: Awesome! Glad you made it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Dec. 29, 2017 at 12:55 AM

Better late than never.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Dec. 29, 2017 at 12:59 AM
If you were working full time you were already a tax payer :). Congrats
paknari
by Member on Feb. 2, 2018 at 7:25 PM
Great job!!! It’s hard work but it feels great when you get here. Enjoy your dinner and the extra tome you will have with your family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)