Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Mickey mouse is racists says my neighbour!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Yesterday we went to Wal-Mart and my dd wanted to get this inflatable Mickey mouse decoration. It is 3 ft tall and wears a Santa hat and waves.

So we got it and put it on our deck where everyone could see it when they drove by.

Well today when I went to take the trash out my neighbor caught me outside and he said he thought we were good neighbors and couldn't believe we would put up something so racist (he's jewish).

I was shocked. We never had a problem with each other before and asked what he was talking about. He pointed at Mickey. I said what? Mickey mouse? What could possibly be racist about him?

He said Walt Disney hated the Jewish people and started rambling off all the "proof" he had.

I tried to tell them he wasn't that those were just rumors and superstition. But he wouldn't listen and said I should take Mickey down immediately.

I Said listen if you have problems with a cartoon mouse then thats your problem not mine. Mickey stays up. And if you dont like it dont look.

Really Mickey mouse being racists is a stretch too far!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 21, 2017 at 12:58 PM
Replies (51-60):
Brujaoscura
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2017 at 7:21 PM

The Disney Land and Disney World were not developed until the 1960s. Walt himself wore a mustache so he technically could not work there. They had an image they wanted to maintain. Walt really did try to stick to that image.

That included short hair for men, clean cut appearances, women's hair neatly styled, and well groomed. MEN with long hair and/or beards were not even allowed as guests!

Quoting Anonymous 6: I AM educated the menorah was just a joke. Mickey mouse is a cartoon character he's not racist and as for Walt Disney its not been proven he was. He built Disneyland for all families,but in the 1950s there racist laws.
Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting Anonymous 6: Maybe if you put up a menorah were he can see it. Mickey mouse is not racist,even if Walt Disney was,which I don't believe he was. Ignore what he says.

Educate yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Dec. 21, 2017 at 7:22 PM
I don't believe this bc Jewish people don't live in trailer parks.
Southernmom924
by Platinum Member on Dec. 21, 2017 at 7:34 PM

Ummmmm........Disney has lots of Jews running it. Harvey Weinstein and brother used to sit on the board of the company. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 21, 2017 at 7:36 PM
Correction on Disneyland opening It opened on July 17,1955. Look it up. Disney world opened on October 1, 1971, Walt Disney died before Disney world was completed and opened.

Quoting Brujaoscura:

The Disney Land and Disney World were not developed until the 1960s. Walt himself wore a mustache so he technically could not work there. They had an image they wanted to maintain. Walt really did try to stick to that image.

That included short hair for men, clean cut appearances, women's hair neatly styled, and well groomed. MEN with long hair and/or beards were not even allowed as guests!

Quoting Anonymous 6: I AM educated the menorah was just a joke. Mickey mouse is a cartoon character he's not racist and as for Walt Disney its not been proven he was. He built Disneyland for all families,but in the 1950s there racist laws.

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting Anonymous 6: Maybe if you put up a menorah were he can see it. Mickey mouse is not racist,even if Walt Disney was,which I don't believe he was. Ignore what he says.

Educate yourself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Dec. 21, 2017 at 7:45 PM

Wasn't Walt Disney a spy working with the government against the nazi? One of those business men in plain sight? I read or watched something about it him helping so....

AnotherKim
by Ruby Member on Dec. 21, 2017 at 7:47 PM

Crazy neighbors

cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Dec. 21, 2017 at 8:05 PM

blank stare

Quoting Anonymous 22:

Wasn't Walt Disney a spy working with the government against the nazi? One of those business men in plain sight? I read or watched something about it him helping so....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Dec. 21, 2017 at 8:12 PM
Yeah I would go buy like 10 more and put them all over the places lol
Shai4710
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2017 at 8:25 PM

Maybe so, but that has nothing to do with you or Mickey. It has to do with a racist man. Wow. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 21, 2017 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Go back under your bridge.

Quoting Anonymous 21: I don't believe this bc Jewish people don't live in trailer parks.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)