Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spoiled dd plays my dh! Wwyd?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 124 Replies
Okay our oldest dd looks just like my dh so even though he denies it she is his favorite.

Well tonight we made and ate for supper meat loaf, mashed potatoes, baked beans, green beans and a Hawaiian roll. My oldest dd like most nights says she doesn't want any supper. My other two dd had a little of everything.

I told my other two dd if they ate enough they could have some fresh strawberries for dessert. They did. So I dished up a bowl of strawberries. Right then oldest dd says I want strawberries too. I said no. The deal was you eat. You get dessert. You can't get rewarded for doing nothing.

She whined. I held my ground. Dh didn't he told dd if she ate 1 scoop of mashed potatoes she could have some strawberries too. 1 scoop is like 3 freaking bites! I was so mad. Dd basically plays my dh like fiddle because she knows dh will let her get away with it!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 27, 2017 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 27, 2017 at 7:29 PM
4 moms liked this
That’s a freaking weird dinner.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 27, 2017 at 7:29 PM
He defines eating enough differently than you. Let it go. I can understand why your daughter didn't find the baked/green beans combo appetizing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 27, 2017 at 7:30 PM
5 moms liked this
Stop using food as a punishement/reward. That's the fast track to eating disorders.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 27, 2017 at 7:30 PM
Stop using food as a punishement/reward. That's the fast track to eating disorders.

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 7:30 PM
2 moms liked this
I dunno. When my kids don't want to eat what we are having I tell them they can have a piece of fruit or vegetable instead. I see your point, but at least strawberries would have been a healthy snack.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 27, 2017 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

This

Quoting Anonymous 4: Stop using food as a punishement/reward. That's the fast track to eating disorders.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 27, 2017 at 7:32 PM
Strawberries is a reward because they are out of season. So it is a rare treat.

Plus the rest of the food was not a reward it was supoer! If you get food you get rewarded with more food!

Quoting Anonymous 4: Stop using food as a punishement/reward. That's the fast track to eating disorders.

cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 7:32 PM
2 moms liked this

What's weird about it?

Quoting Anonymous 2: That’s a freaking weird dinner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 27, 2017 at 7:32 PM
6 moms liked this
It's strawberries ffs, not freaking cake.
Mama2ETA
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2017 at 7:34 PM
I was thinking the same thing but wasn’t going to say It because everyone would say something about my ed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)