Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you do this on your own?

Posted by   + Show Post
If I could create a poll via mobile I would.

Can you pump your own gas?
by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:10 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:22 PM
Yes. I went to New Jersey this past summer and it was so weird to have someone else pumping my gas.
OxbAbIebxO
by Gold Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:23 PM
Yes lol but I was cracking up at the Facebook thread on Oregon 🤣
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:24 PM
lol aww. Yeah, I've never considered once that it would ever be illegal to pump your own gas until I came on this site. When I first read it I was like like no effing way! Googled it and I was like wow.. ok, they're not lying.. LOL

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: Omg I am dying over here laughing so hard. My dd is trying to read the comments (she’s 6 and just learning to read) and can’t figure out what’s so funny.

Quoting MistyMoo: LOL I saw that. I laughed so hard my kids were looking at me weird 🤣

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: I was just on Facebook and saw a post out of a news station In Oregon asking how people felt about Oregon making it legal to pump our own gas. The replies were bad. Some people responded with how dangerous it is to pump gas and how they don’t know how to do it.

Quoting Anonymous 3: What??? Of course I can.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:24 PM
I can. I never had to until I moved 17 years ago. It took me a few tries, not all pumps are the same. But now I hate it when I go back to Oregon for vacation or to visit family and I can't get out and pump my gas, and I have to wait for Jimmy the genius to come pump my gas for me. My husband hates it but I always get out after they pump my gas and rhe put on my gas cap. I don't trust them to put it on correctly.
MSMOUSE0519
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:24 PM

WELL YES I CAN. EVERY DANG WEEK!!! LMAO

momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:25 PM

Actually, no. I live in Mexico where every gas station has attendants.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:26 PM
I'd run out of gas if I couldn't, haven't seen a place that pumps your has in years.

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: If I could create a poll via mobile I would.

Can you pump your own gas?
BCauseImAwesome
by Platinum Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:27 PM

have to. theres no full serve anywhere near me

ladyvamp5489
by on Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:28 PM

LOL well THATS true, of course gas smells, but if someone has never had the opportunity to pump their own then how would they know.?  It does sound crazy to me but until i moved here i didnt even get it either. 

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: I get the jobs aspect. But the comments regarding not knowing how to do it properly, how it smells and all that. I couldn’t help but laugh.
Quoting ladyvamp5489:

Yep i live here, please don't judge  if you don't know why they made this law. Its to help people have jobs. I don't live in a rural area where they would be able to pump their own gas. So when we have a car we still wont need to pump our own. I grew up in AZ and pumped my own for years. 

Quoting BluesPagan2.0:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Omg a Oregonian! I was reading this which prompted my post.
Quoting ladyvamp5489:

yup i could if i had to but here in Oregon where we live its against the law. 

momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:29 PM

Oh, come on! Seriously? I mean, I’ve never done it myself, but it’s pumping gas, not cloning a sheep. I’m sure there is some know how involved, but I’m also sure you can get the hang of it after a couple of times.

Quoting BluesPagan2.0: I was just on Facebook and saw a post out of a news station In Oregon asking how people felt about Oregon making it legal to pump our own gas. The replies were bad. Some people responded with how dangerous it is to pump gas and how they don’t know how to do it.
Quoting Anonymous 3: What??? Of course I can.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)