Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don’t flaunt it but I’m not going to hide it either

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 95 Replies
Dh pays child support and not some piddly amount either. Enough that if bm was careful she could afford to just live off of child support.

Dh also pays for health insurance and half of all medical bills plus all activities and for the most part anytime bm asks for something for the kids. They also go on vacation with us in the summer time when they are out of school.

Even so bm gets upset when she hears dh and I take vacations and because of that dh doesn’t want me telling anyone nor posting anything about it on Facebook in case it gets back to bm.

No!!! I don’t flaunt it, never have and never will. We don’t take elaborate vacations either. A week long vacation to a place we can drive or a 4 day cruise. Again nothing very expensive and I don’t gush all over Facebook either but he doesn’t want me posting anything because even though I’m not friends with her or the kids it always somehow ends up back to her via other friends. And then he has to hear it from her how he doesn’t give her enough child support and he should pay for them to go on vacation and so forth.

I’m sorry she feels she deserves a vacation but it’s not dh’s job to fund it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShesSoUnusual
by Cat on Jan. 2, 2018 at 6:52 PM
6 moms liked this

I know people who make minimum wage who can afford to take vacations, because they are careful with their money. If she truly feels she deserves a vacation, she can save up like the rest of us. I busted my ass to get onto the vacation I am having right now, and I'll be damned if someone is going to try and stop me from posting the pictures on Facebook. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 2, 2018 at 6:54 PM
11 moms liked this
He doesn't want his kids finding out he took a vacation without them. Guilt. That's why he doesn't want you to put it on fb.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 2, 2018 at 6:59 PM
3 moms liked this
Mom should get off her lazy ass and work more if she wants more in life. He does more than he needs to and supporting her ass isn't something he needs to do. If she feels bad, tough luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 2, 2018 at 7:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Spot on!

Quoting MrsDavidB25: He doesn't want his kids finding out he took a vacation without them. Guilt. That's why he doesn't want you to put it on fb.
MikeysMom22
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 7:14 PM

A 4 day cruise??? Who has money for a 4 day cruise!!!! That is a truckload of money right there!!!

Also, I would never go on a cruise I could do a lot more with the money...ugh!!! Who wants to be on a stupid boat, in the middle of the water, going splish spash all night while I am trying to sleep!! Ugh!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 2, 2018 at 7:22 PM
I think DH and BM need to stop talking about anything other than the kids. Is his cs through the court?
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 7:25 PM
A cruise in the off season can be very reasonable.

Quoting MikeysMom22:

A 4 day cruise??? Who has money for a 4 day cruise!!!! That is a truckload of money right there!!!

Also, I would never go on a cruise I could do a lot more with the money...ugh!!! Who wants to be on a stupid boat, in the middle of the water, going splish spash all night while I am trying to sleep!! Ugh!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 2, 2018 at 7:26 PM
14 moms liked this
Are you ok?

Quoting MikeysMom22:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 2, 2018 at 7:28 PM
Clearly OP has the money to and likes it lol

Quoting MikeysMom22:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 2, 2018 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MrsDavidB25: He doesn't want his kids finding out he took a vacation without them. Guilt. That's why he doesn't want you to put it on fb.

Even some married couples take vacations without the kids. It's not like he's excluding them from all vacations, just certain ones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)