Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don’t flaunt it but I’m not going to hide it either

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dh pays child support and not some piddly amount either. Enough that if bm was careful she could afford to just live off of child support.

Dh also pays for health insurance and half of all medical bills plus all activities and for the most part anytime bm asks for something for the kids. They also go on vacation with us in the summer time when they are out of school.

Even so bm gets upset when she hears dh and I take vacations and because of that dh doesn’t want me telling anyone nor posting anything about it on Facebook in case it gets back to bm.

No!!! I don’t flaunt it, never have and never will. We don’t take elaborate vacations either. A week long vacation to a place we can drive or a 4 day cruise. Again nothing very expensive and I don’t gush all over Facebook either but he doesn’t want me posting anything because even though I’m not friends with her or the kids it always somehow ends up back to her via other friends. And then he has to hear it from her how he doesn’t give her enough child support and he should pay for them to go on vacation and so forth.

I’m sorry she feels she deserves a vacation but it’s not dh’s job to fund it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:58 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 2, 2018 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
What would you do instead? Lots if people go on cruises, they are relaxing with ports to visit and unless you are outside on deck you can't hear the waves splashing. You sound a bit hostile.

Quoting MikeysMom22:

A 4 day cruise??? Who has money for a 4 day cruise!!!! That is a truckload of money right there!!!

Also, I would never go on a cruise I could do a lot more with the money...ugh!!! Who wants to be on a stupid boat, in the middle of the water, going splish spash all night while I am trying to sleep!! Ugh!!

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 2, 2018 at 9:01 PM

Why are you freaking out??  And...many people have money for a cruise vacation.  

damn.

Quoting MikeysMom22:

A 4 day cruise??? Who has money for a 4 day cruise!!!! That is a truckload of money right there!!!

Also, I would never go on a cruise I could do a lot more with the money...ugh!!! Who wants to be on a stupid boat, in the middle of the water, going splish spash all night while I am trying to sleep!! Ugh!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 2, 2018 at 9:25 PM
It’s about 100 a day for carnival per person. It’s not really a truck load of money so I’m not sure what she’s freaking out about.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Why are you freaking out??  And...many people have money for a cruise vacation.  

damn.

Quoting MikeysMom22:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 2, 2018 at 9:28 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: Mom should get off her lazy ass and work more if she wants more in life. He does more than he needs to and supporting her ass isn't something he needs to do. If she feels bad, tough luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 2, 2018 at 10:24 PM
Who doesn’t like cruises? You are a monster!!! Lol

Quoting MikeysMom22:

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep, I’d do it for him because he asked and it’s simple enough to do even though I think BM is nuts.

Quoting mommaof697:

I wouldn't post it or tell anyone just to make DH's life easier.

SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 10:29 PM
Wtf does this have to do with anything?

Quoting MikeysMom22:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 2, 2018 at 10:35 PM
I agree. DH asked for one favor and she can't honor that,

Quoting mommaof697:

I wouldn't post it or tell anyone just to make DH's life easier.

SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 10:36 PM
2 moms liked this
I can't believe some of you would actually cater to the BM's bullshit, because your husband said so. Smh!!
MikeysMom22
by Ruby Member on Jan. 2, 2018 at 10:52 PM

I went on board when my mother was going on a cruise with a good friend once. Once they said all ashore!!! I was out of there quick!!! All that rocking back and forth and those puny dinky size rooms they called a bedroom!! And the thought of being on the ocean that long, no thanks!!! I like going to the beach but then being able to leave and go someplace else. I will fly to some places that are too far to drive to if we don't have time but a cruise... NO just no!!! And talk about monsters.. who wants to be swallowed up by the ocean when the dang thing sinks or hit something... Ugh!!

Quoting Anonymous 12: Who doesn’t like cruises? You are a monster!!! Lol
Quoting MikeysMom22:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)