Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don’t flaunt it but I’m not going to hide it either

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Dh pays child support and not some piddly amount either. Enough that if bm was careful she could afford to just live off of child support.

Dh also pays for health insurance and half of all medical bills plus all activities and for the most part anytime bm asks for something for the kids. They also go on vacation with us in the summer time when they are out of school.

Even so bm gets upset when she hears dh and I take vacations and because of that dh doesn’t want me telling anyone nor posting anything about it on Facebook in case it gets back to bm.

No!!! I don’t flaunt it, never have and never will. We don’t take elaborate vacations either. A week long vacation to a place we can drive or a 4 day cruise. Again nothing very expensive and I don’t gush all over Facebook either but he doesn’t want me posting anything because even though I’m not friends with her or the kids it always somehow ends up back to her via other friends. And then he has to hear it from her how he doesn’t give her enough child support and he should pay for them to go on vacation and so forth.

I’m sorry she feels she deserves a vacation but it’s not dh’s job to fund it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2018 at 4:58 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2018 at 11:25 AM
4 days is indeed a small trip.

Quoting MikeysMom22:

In the orginal post it told about a 4 day cruise and some other "small trips" according to her. A 4 day cruise is not a small trip. So it does have something to do with the post. 

Quoting SergeantSausage: Wtf does this have to do with anything?

Quoting MikeysMom22:

A 4 day cruise??? Who has money for a 4 day cruise!!!! That is a truckload of money right there!!!

Also, I would never go on a cruise I could do a lot more with the money...ugh!!! Who wants to be on a stupid boat, in the middle of the water, going splish spash all night while I am trying to sleep!! Ugh!!

MikeysMom22
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 1:38 PM

No actually I am not. I truely think that is a total waste of money and would never want to go on a cruise because of the reasons I already stated. If that is other people's cup of tea, go for it. I just do not like other people saying I am being stupid because I don't want to go on one for my own reasons.

I can understand why the bm might be concerned about the money end of it too. The birth father has an unlimited sum of money I guess.

Quoting Anonymous 18: Are you being sarcastic?
Quoting MikeysMom22:

A 4 day cruise??? Who has money for a 4 day cruise!!!! That is a truckload of money right there!!!

Also, I would never go on a cruise I could do a lot more with the money...ugh!!! Who wants to be on a stupid boat, in the middle of the water, going splish spash all night while I am trying to sleep!! Ugh!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Jan. 3, 2018 at 1:45 PM
It's really not if you shop deals. Everyone in my husband's family takes cruises and none of them are wealthy. Not poor, but not wealthy. I don't care for cruises, but we take decent vacations for very little money. I'm careful and research well first.

Quoting MikeysMom22:

MikeysMom22
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 1:51 PM

Yes, I agree, we take  trips and do things too. Yes, I research ahead of time too.  We usually save airplane trips for when we go to visit relatives on the east coast. Relatives and friends in several states back there. A cruise is a waste of money as far as I am concerned no matter the price. Some people were telling me you can get a cruise for 500 dollars a person. I could use that money to buy a plane ticket somewhere instead!!

Quoting Anonymous 21: It's really not if you shop deals. Everyone in my husband's family takes cruises and none of them are wealthy. Not poor, but not wealthy. I don't care for cruises, but we take decent vacations for very little money. I'm careful and research well first.
Quoting MikeysMom22:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jan. 3, 2018 at 1:57 PM
You obviously have never been on a cruise. Four days of people waiting on you hand and foot, cooking, cleaning and entertaining you.

Quoting MikeysMom22:

MikeysMom22
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 2:00 PM

No thanks

I like doing what I want when I want and with whom I want. And eating what I want when I want.

Otherwise it is not a vacation.

Quoting Anonymous 22: You obviously have never been on a cruise. Four days of people waiting on you hand and foot, cooking, cleaning and entertaining you.
Quoting MikeysMom22:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2018 at 2:19 PM
The $100 a day per person is all exclusive. It means for that 100 you get unlimited food, free room service, your lodging, entertainment.

You may be able to get a plane ticket for 500 but you’re not counting on food lodging or car rental

Quoting MikeysMom22:

Yes, I agree, we take  trips and do things too. Yes, I research ahead of time too.  We usually save airplane trips for when we go to visit relatives on the east coast. Relatives and friends in several states back there. A cruise is a waste of money as far as I am concerned no matter the price. Some people were telling me you can get a cruise for 500 dollars a person. I could use that money to buy a plane ticket somewhere instead!!

Quoting Anonymous 21: It's really not if you shop deals. Everyone in my husband's family takes cruises and none of them are wealthy. Not poor, but not wealthy. I don't care for cruises, but we take decent vacations for very little money. I'm careful and research well first.

Quoting MikeysMom22:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2018 at 2:24 PM
You are so fucking weird.

Just because we can afford 800 bucks doesn’t mean we have an unlimited amount of money.

Quoting MikeysMom22:

No actually I am not. I truely think that is a total waste of money and would never want to go on a cruise because of the reasons I already stated. If that is other people's cup of tea, go for it. I just do not like other people saying I am being stupid because I don't want to go on one for my own reasons.

I can understand why the bm might be concerned about the money end of it too. The birth father has an unlimited sum of money I guess.

Quoting MikeysMom22:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Jan. 3, 2018 at 2:30 PM
He doesn't want the drama. There is no reason why you can't share pictures privately or block BM and the Sky from seeing them. My god how did some of you survive before you had the ability go post every waking moment online.
MikeysMom22
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 2:30 PM

Whatever floats your boat... I mean ship I guess in this case.

No one here has even made a dent on getting me to want to go on a cruise ship, if anything now even less.

Quoting Anonymous 1: You are so fucking weird. Just because we can afford 800 bucks doesn’t mean we have an unlimited amount of money.
Quoting MikeysMom22:

Quoting MikeysMom22:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)