Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You don't get to leave her out

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My boyfriend and his son have been glued to a stupid video game for like the last 4 days. Our daughter wants to play with the. And they keep telling her no. I finally went in and took the power cord for the Xbox and wouldn't give it back until they let her play too. They don't get to leave her out because he is here. It doesn't work that way. She isn't a toy he can put on a shelf until his son goes home. She is a person and she deserves her Dads time and attention too. *end rant*
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 2, 2018 at 10:16 PM
Replies (191-198):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Jan. 4, 2018 at 7:21 AM
Control freak??? I see a break up in your future. If I was him, I'd just take the game to a friend's house and play.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 37 on Jan. 4, 2018 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Good for you! I wish you all the luck in the world, cause it will continue to happen. My DH did the same thing. We didn’t do anything special unless his “son” was here. I got to the point where I was like fine Mommy daughter day! I enjoyed those way better than any other day, and I still do!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 38 on Jan. 4, 2018 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Not really the point. Who cares what game - they've been playing for four days and ignoring her (as in, her father has been ignoring her)....then it doesn't matter what freaking game. You take a break and spend some time with the other kid. It's a damn game. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: What game? I would imnagine she can't play most

happinessforyou
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2018 at 11:57 AM

I get what you are saying... BUT no 15 year old boy is going to want to play with a 7 year old little girl. Can you think of ANYTING that a 7 year old little girl would like to do , that a 15 year old teenage boy would like to do together?  Even 1 thing???

Quoting Anonymous 1: His son is here every other week most of the time. It isn't set in stone. They sort of play it by ear. His son is 15. Our daughter is 7.
Quoting Anonymous 8:

How much does he have his son? How old is his son and your daughter?

dawnrothbaum
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2018 at 3:02 PM
She had mommy-daughter time for 4 days.

Quoting Anonymous 6:

I would use it as an opportunity to have mommy-daughter time, but that's just me. 

dawnrothbaum
by Gold Member on Jan. 4, 2018 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Legos, build a robot, paint, nerf, science experiments, to name a few.

Quoting happinessforyou:

I get what you are saying... BUT no 15 year old boy is going to want to play with a 7 year old little girl. Can you think of ANYTING that a 7 year old little girl would like to do , that a 15 year old teenage boy would like to do together?  Even 1 thing???

Quoting Anonymous 1: His son is here every other week most of the time. It isn't set in stone. They sort of play it by ear. His son is 15. Our daughter is 7.

Quoting Anonymous 8:

happinessforyou
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2018 at 3:16 PM

All good ideas.... share them with the OP. Maybe she can get the guys off the video games to try something different,.

Quoting dawnrothbaum: Legos, build a robot, paint, nerf, science experiments, to name a few.
Quoting happinessforyou:

Quoting Anonymous 8:

DDDaysh
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2018 at 3:59 PM
There's no harm in letting father and son bond alone sometimes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)