Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just when you thought certain women of CM couldn't possibly get any dumber....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

So according to this genius, girls as young as 10 should be going out and actively looking for jobs so that they can buy their own feminine products.

But why stop there? Let's go ahead and make them but their own food, clothes, school supplies, start up a retirement plan, apply for college, get a mortgage, buy a car, start their kids college funds, etc.

Some of us need to know that the question "how stupid can you be" is not a challenge.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2018 at 6:26 AM
Replies (11-20):
CrystalSapphire
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 6:42 AM
2 moms liked this
I guess I'll ask the obvious: why are we treating kids like adults?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 3, 2018 at 6:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Yes, that way when they finally move out on their own , they have all these expenses that they have never had and then have to learn how to budget their money.

As opposed to learning while living at home, how to budget their money for necessities. ( I am talking teens).

Quoting Southern_Song: I agree with you. Even when my kids choose to work I will still provide all their needs. From food to hygeine. They merely need to pay their car insurance.

Bull-it is the PARENTS job to pay for necessities-the teen learns to budget by paying for luxuries.

For example if I am making something for dinner my 17 year old does not want to eat-he is welcome to get take out-but that comes out of his own money-he eats what I cook 95% of the time-like it or not.

If he wants a music subscription or Microsoft Live-his money not mine. If he needs microsoft OFFICE for his computer-that is a need-not a want.

I buy clothing for birthdays and Christmas-if he needs additional clothing-or DIFFERENT clothing-that is out of his money.

There are varied jobs he can do HERE to make money-and other jobs he does elsewhere ( snow removal and lawn mowing for a friend of ours.  He needs money and I find him work to do for it..or he finds the work.

Southern_Song
by Jo on Jan. 3, 2018 at 6:45 AM
None of mine are even 16 yet. Why would I check out and make them buy their own needs at 16? That's odd to me. Luckily my kids volunteer woth the homeless, manage a savings and do budget their allowance. Making them buy things that we as parents are responsible for seems lazy to me. You're too cheap to still take care of your minor child's needs? Until 18, mine will still be minors that I'm fully responsible for. You can teach responsibility, budgeting, how to balance a check book, how to save without making them live like roommates in your home. Sad really.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Good Luck to your children, they will need it.

Quoting Southern_Song: Honestly me buying them toothpaste and tampons won't hinder their budgeting abilities. They have a savings account they manage, they will pay their insurance and anything extra they get they pay for...even now woth allowance.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Yes, that way when they finally move out on their own , they have all these expenses that they have never had and then have to learn how to budget their money.

As opposed to learning while living at home, how to budget their money for necessities. ( I am talking teens).

Quoting Southern_Song: I agree with you. Even when my kids choose to work I will still provide all their needs. From food to hygeine. They merely need to pay their car insurance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 3, 2018 at 6:45 AM

Thanks but my 22 yr old that lives on his own is doing just fine , thanks for asking.

And my dd 18 that works & goes to college budgets her money just fine . Thanks for asking.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Bull-it is the PARENTS job to pay for necessities-the teen learns to budget by paying for luxuries.

For example if I am making something for dinner my 17 year old does not want to eat-he is welcome to get take out-but that comes out of his own money-he eats what I cook 95% of the time-like it or not.

If he wants a music subscription or Microsoft Live-his money not mine. If he needs microsoft OFFICE for his computer-that is a need-not a want.

I buy clothing for birthdays and Christmas-if he needs additional clothing-or DIFFERENT clothing-that is out of his money.

There are varied jobs he can do HERE to make money-and other jobs he does elsewhere ( snow removal and lawn mowing for a friend of ours.  He needs money and I find him work to do for it..or he finds the work.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 3, 2018 at 6:46 AM

Ahhhh so your kids are still small and you're just running off at the mouth. Got it.

Quoting Southern_Song: None of mine are even 16 yet. Why would I check out and make them buy their own needs at 16? That's odd to me. Luckily my kids volunteer woth the homeless, manage a savings and do budget their allowance. Making them buy things that we as parents are responsible for seems lazy to me. You're too cheap to still take care of your minor child's needs? Until 18, mine will still be minors that I'm fully responsible for. You can teach responsibility, budgeting, how to balance a check book, how to save without making them live like roommates in your home. Sad really.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Southern_Song: Honestly me buying them toothpaste and tampons won't hinder their budgeting abilities. They have a savings account they manage, they will pay their insurance and anything extra they get they pay for...even now woth allowance.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Southern_Song
by Jo on Jan. 3, 2018 at 6:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't make heads or tails of what your comment even meant. I teach them financial responsibility while still providing them their needs.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Ahhhh so your kids are still small and you're just running off at the mouth. Got it.

Quoting Southern_Song: None of mine are even 16 yet. Why would I check out and make them buy their own needs at 16? That's odd to me. Luckily my kids volunteer woth the homeless, manage a savings and do budget their allowance. Making them buy things that we as parents are responsible for seems lazy to me. You're too cheap to still take care of your minor child's needs? Until 18, mine will still be minors that I'm fully responsible for. You can teach responsibility, budgeting, how to balance a check book, how to save without making them live like roommates in your home. Sad really.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 3, 2018 at 6:50 AM

Uh huh

Quoting Southern_Song: I can't make heads or tails of what your comment even meant. I teach them financial responsibility while still providing them their needs.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

VegetaPrincess
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 6:52 AM
So are 10 year old boys also expected to go get jobs and buy their own hygiene products?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 3, 2018 at 6:53 AM
2 moms liked this
Many will say very stupid things just to be "right". I'm convinced even they don't believe what they say Sometimes.
Southern_Song
by Jo on Jan. 3, 2018 at 6:54 AM
My oldest is 15... Then 11 and 10. They're not small and at 14 you can work in florida as a mini Minor but I'd rather he wait.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)