Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*update* Don't get your hopes up. We will probably be open on Friday.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You should all be happy to know that I have officially closed for the day. None of my employees will die trying to get to work.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Yes there's a snow storm coming. Yes, it's supposed to get shitty.
But we live in Vermont. If you're not prepared to drive in snow, move to the fucking Bahamas.

I'm so tired of being asked about closing on Friday. Well, as of right now, we're open. By 530 Friday morning, I'll know whether I'm shutting down or not, not a minute sooner.

I'm so tired of listening to whining. I'm sorry your commute is an hour long, no one forced you to move an hour away and no one is forcing you to work here. That's a personal choice that I didn't make, you did.

I will be writing up those people who "can't make it in because of the snow." We all know it's coming, be prepared to come to work.
We very rarely close our doors and everyone knows that.

Alright, I feel better now. I can't curse at my employees, so you get that treat.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2018 at 1:40 PM
Replies (221-229):
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 4, 2018 at 11:49 AM

by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 4, 2018 at 11:49 AM

by Anonymous 60 on Jan. 4, 2018 at 12:52 PM
What the heck is milk bread? Sounds gross.
Quoting TwoPennies:

Mobile Photo

The Yankee transplants make French toast. The rest of us make Milk Bread.

Quoting Thewife06: So why is French toast what everyone makes during a snow storm?

For us, it was always beans and canned crap in case the power went out and we had to cook on top of the wood burning stove.

Quoting TwoPennies: Ah yes, milk, bread and eggs. Mandatory snow food here.
I’m at work right now and even though I’m poking fun at it all here on MC, I’m totally freaking out that all the milk and bread and eggs will be gone before I get to the store. 😂😒

Quoting Kmakksmom: Don't forget the bread and milk!! I lived in NC for 20 years, from when I was 3-23. I know all about those milk sammiches, and closing schools and businesses for the tiniest snowflake. 😂😂

My mom and grandmother still live there. I'd move back in a heartbeat if I got the chance to.

Quoting TwoPennies: I’m in North Carolina. We panic and close the schools, the businesses and city hall for 3 flakes. For 5 flakes we declare the world is officially ending and ya “better get right with god.”
We’re supposed to get an inch of snow over the course of today/tonight. An INCH. We already done lost our minds up in here. Schools have let out, businesses are boarding up, Greg Fishel is damn near having a mouth orgasm salivating at saying the word “snow.” North Carolina is a shit show in so many ways. This is just one of many....😳❄️
by Member on Jan. 4, 2018 at 6:57 PM
People can be weird. I live in Montana where we usually have snow 9 mos/yr. We've
Had no more than 10" of snow over a three day period - about average (the first year we were here, ww had 3' in 24 hours in October. One kid I worked with, who lived in town about 5 min from work, called off TWICE in one week, citing "natural disaster".

Why is he living here????
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2018 at 8:49 AM
We r allowwed bad weather days i wonder if the city could help with that
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2018 at 8:51 AM
We once got 10 ft in two days we were stuck at work but they brought in food i worked in group home u cant leave handicapoed people alone
by QueenAztec on Jan. 5, 2018 at 8:52 AM
Well you know how bad its going to be. If you make people risk their lives then that's up to you.
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 5, 2018 at 8:52 AM
There are no businesses beyond medical and law enforcement that need to be running during a snow storm anyway.
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 5, 2018 at 9:06 AM

Guess you are closed today

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)