Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*update* Don't get your hopes up. We will probably be open on Friday.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You should all be happy to know that I have officially closed for the day. None of my employees will die trying to get to work.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Yes there's a snow storm coming. Yes, it's supposed to get shitty.
But we live in Vermont. If you're not prepared to drive in snow, move to the fucking Bahamas.

I'm so tired of being asked about closing on Friday. Well, as of right now, we're open. By 530 Friday morning, I'll know whether I'm shutting down or not, not a minute sooner.

I'm so tired of listening to whining. I'm sorry your commute is an hour long, no one forced you to move an hour away and no one is forcing you to work here. That's a personal choice that I didn't make, you did.

I will be writing up those people who "can't make it in because of the snow." We all know it's coming, be prepared to come to work.
We very rarely close our doors and everyone knows that.

Alright, I feel better now. I can't curse at my employees, so you get that treat.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2018 at 1:40 PM
Replies (91-100):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jan. 3, 2018 at 3:39 PM

Do you work at walmart?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Jan. 3, 2018 at 3:44 PM
I swear it's bread, milk, canned beans, hot dogs and other ready to eat no cooking required items. And all of the alcohol and water.
Paper towels, paper plates, paper cups, plastic silverware. Toilet paper.
I think the grocery store pays the weatherman to say there's a chance that we might have snow or freezing temps.

Quoting TwoPennies: See toilet paper seems reasonable. Here it’s milk, bread and eggs. Those are MANDATORY snow items in North Carolina.

Quoting quinnsmom715:

believe it or not,maryland is like that..you can almost hear all the cars starting up to run to the store to get toilet paper when the word 'snow'is even mentioned..

Quoting TwoPennies: I’m in North Carolina. We panic and close the schools, the businesses and city hall for 3 flakes. For 5 flakes we declare the world is officially ending and ya “better get right with god.”
We’re supposed to get an inch of snow over the course of today/tonight. An INCH. We already done lost our minds up in here. Schools have let out, businesses are boarding up, Greg Fishel is damn near having a mouth orgasm salivating at saying the word “snow.” North Carolina is a shit show in so many ways. This is just one of many....😳❄️

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 3:45 PM
I’m in Va. My store doesn’t force people it’s employees to go to work in inclimate weather. If school is closed, I stay home w/my 7 year old.
Madeyemoody
by Constant vigilance on Jan. 3, 2018 at 3:47 PM
She’s been there for 20 years lol

Quoting Talkingheads: She must not have been here a few years ago when hundreds of students were stuck on the highway overnight over an inch of snow. We do not and will never have the equipment to get kids and people back and forth in the snow. It's not economically feasible

Quoting Madeyemoody: Haha my cousin is a teacher in NC but she’s originally from NY she laughs her ass off about how everyone freaks out over a little snow there!

Quoting TwoPennies: I’m in North Carolina. We panic and close the schools, the businesses and city hall for 3 flakes. For 5 flakes we declare the world is officially ending and ya “better get right with god.”
We’re supposed to get an inch of snow over the course of today/tonight. An INCH. We already done lost our minds up in here. Schools have let out, businesses are boarding up, Greg Fishel is damn near having a mouth orgasm salivating at saying the word “snow.” North Carolina is a shit show in so many ways. This is just one of many....😳❄️
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2018 at 3:53 PM
I'm in VT. Vermonters should be able to drive in snow.
If schools are closed, so is my center.
If schools are open, it means the roads aren't that bad. If school buses are on the road, so can we be.

Quoting Leigh84: I’m in Va. My store doesn’t force people it’s employees to go to work in inclimate weather. If school is closed, I stay home w/my 7 year old.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2018 at 3:53 PM
No.

Quoting flowerfunleah:

Do you work at walmart?

Basherte
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2018 at 4:00 PM

Quoting TwoPennies: I’m in North Carolina. We panic and close the schools, the businesses and city hall for 3 flakes. For 5 flakes we declare the world is officially ending and ya “better get right with god.” We’re supposed to get an inch of snow over the course of today/tonight. An INCH. We already done lost our minds up in here. Schools have let out, businesses are boarding up, Greg Fishel is damn near having a mouth orgasm salivating at saying the word “snow.” North Carolina is a shit show in so many ways. This is just one of many....😳❄️

Best response ever!!!

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Jan. 3, 2018 at 4:02 PM
It's winter, it snows. Lol some of you people are babies

Quoting Anonymous 7: Whatever man. I wouldn’t want to work somewhere that cares more about business than the safety of their employees.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 3, 2018 at 4:10 PM
Oh no shit??? I wouldn’t know that living in the middle of fucking MISSOURI!
I can drive just fine in snow. Lots of people can’t. I’d rather those people stay off the road so they don’t cause more accidents.

Quoting Anonymous 27: It's winter, it snows. Lol some of you people are babies

Quoting Anonymous 7: Whatever man. I wouldn’t want to work somewhere that cares more about business than the safety of their employees.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 3, 2018 at 4:12 PM

What happens after the write up?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)